When we get a bee sting we immediately receive a poison through the skin. This poison is causing burning pain, redness and swelling. In some cases we can feel unwell for a few hours or more after the defeat of the stinging insects. In rare cases, in addition to local symptoms can happen intoxication.
There is a huge amount of home remedies for the treatment of to treat bee stings, but some of them work well and the others worse and we will only investigate the options which are working and which are giving the best results in shortest time frames. We will investigate what home remedies for bee stings can be used to relieve the symptoms and alleviate the condition.
- The first home remedy: Remove the sting
- The second home remedy: Use sugar
- The third home remedy: Activated carbon or aspirin
- The fourth home remedy: Parsley compress
- The fifth home remedy: Apply aloe
- The sixth home remedy: Baking soda compress
Before anything else you should as soon as possible remove the sting. Even if it is gone under the skin. It is very important to be sure that we removed the sting as it is very poisonous and dangerous to leave it on or under the skin.
How to remove the sting
- The easiest possible scenario is when the sting is seen on the skin.
- You should take tweezers and trying not to touch or put any pressure on the sting remove it. If you will press it than all the poison will come from the bubble (bubble with poison is placed on the sting) immediately into your body.
- More complicated story is if you do not see the sting or it is gone under the skin.
- In such case you need slightly to press the skin and squeeze the sting out. You should squeeze the skin until the blood will appear.
- If squeezing is not working disinfect the wound and remove the sting with a needle. Before the procedure hold the needle over the flame or wipe it with alcohol.
Remember that you need to react as quickly as you can. Sting while it is staying in the skin is continuing to poison us through the skin.
Important: If you notice that you are swelling too much, have a fever or other similar symptoms contact doctor immediately. Do not risk with your health.
We should be very organized and quick when we were bitten by bee. The first and most important thing we have already done: we took the sting out. Now we need to take care about skin and poison which probably is under the skin. The best possible scenario is when we have some soap and water so we can wash the spot. Or we can quickly prepare a weak solution of potassium permanganate and wash the spot with such solution. In case you do not have potassium permanganate you can use any antiseptic. We can use iodine or alcohol (basically we need just to make sure that no infection will stay in the wound).
Piece of sugar (refined sugar) should be immediately placed on the wound. Sugar is great for the purpose of pulling out the poison from the wound. The sooner we will place the sugar the better. The effect will be immediate.
Important: Do not use dirty water to clean up the wound. We cannot use water from the lake or a puddle as there is plenty of bacteria and infection in such water.
Luckily not all the bee bites are bringing horrible pain and allergy reaction of the body. We should know how to cure unpleasant symptoms but we should also learn that bee bite can actually cure some diseases and it is used in a medicine as a treatment.
How bee bite is beneficial for our health
- Bee venom or how it is scientifically called apitoxin increases the activity and work capacity of the human body.
- This poison stimulates the appetite and improves sleep, increases the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- This strange liquid (poisonous for us) reduces a high pressure and the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- In addition it strengthens the blood vessels and adjusts the operation of various glands and endocrine system.
- When the patient is receiving bee venom treatment it is noticed that sharp and sudden pain that occur in osteoarthritis and osteochondritis often disappears.
However we should also be ready to solve the problem if the bite was not received as a treatment but happen all of a sudden. Very helpful is to know how to neutralize the poison from the sting. If we were bitten by bee we should slightly wash the spot where we were bitten with clear water and put an aspirin pill on the bite. Dangerous components of the poison will be neutralized in such a way.
Activated carbon is also very helpful if we want to absorb the poison from the wound. We should take few pills of activated carbon and smash them. Smashed pills of activated carbon are mixed with water until we will get paste looking liquid. The paste is applied on the wound and fixated with the bandage or plaster. This remedy will help to neutralize the poison and act as an absorbent.
Important: If you are bitten by a few insects in the face and neck or you see immediate allergic reaction to bee stings and in addition to redness and swelling of the bite there appears fever, nausea, vomiting and shortness of breath or cough you should immediately go to doctor.
Parsley benefits are known for a very long time. This is the reason why this root and herb is not only included in our everyday diet but also is extensively used in plenty of home remedies. Parsley is really rich in useful vitamins and minerals. Parsley contains potassium, manganese, vitamin C, B1, B2, K and even carotene. Total 25-30 g of fresh parsley consumed daily cover the daily requirement for vitamin C.
Parsley perfectly helps to relieve the swelling after the bee sting. The simplest and quickest way is to grind or crush leaves of this plant and apply it to the bite spot. Usually the crushed herb is fixated on the spot of the bite and left overnight. The annoying pain will be immediately gone. You will be surprised but in the morning under the parsley compress you will hardly notice the bite spot. Parsley will recover your skin perfectly.
Parsley drink recipe
- Along with the compress fixated on the bite spot it is very beneficial for the recovery to consume parsley drink.
- Parsley will reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Parsley will also help with redness of the spot.
- In order to prepare the drink we will need 2 tablespoons of parsley roots (chopped).
- Chopped parsley roots we will pour with 500 grams of boiling water and leave to stay for 8-10 hours.
- In 10 hours we should strain the drink and consume it 3 times a day in the amount of 1/3 of a glass.
This simple remedy allows to get rid of most common allergic reactions to the bee sting. It is recommended to drink parsley drink half an hour before the meal.
Important: Wash properly parsley leaves before applying them on the wound. Change parsley compress every 2-3 hours during the day.
More than 3 thousand years Aloe is used in different home remedies for the simple reason: it is incredible and very useful because of its healing properties. This plant is widespread throughout the world, can be bought in any gardening section of the big supermarket. It is very easy to look after this plant at home. If you still do not have it at home you should buy it today or ask your friends to give you this miraculous healing plant as a gift.
Aloe benefits for our health
- Aloe contains sodium, copper, potassium, manganese, zinc, iron, iodine, fluorine, silicon and zinc.
- Rich in vitamins A, E, C, B.
- Aloe is useful for cleansing the blood.
- This plant accelerates the healing of wounds, cracks, ulceration.
- It is known for normalizing metabolic processes occurring in our body.
- It reduces cholesterol.
Usually Aloe juice is used not that concentrated or as they say pre-diluted with clear water. Many of us already use aloe for our skin care routine or for other different reasons. However we should also learn that Aloe is perfect when it comes to healing the bee stings.
How to apply Aloe juice
- You need Aloe juice. The best possible way is to take a leave from the plant and squeeze it.
- Dilute the fresh Aloe juice with water in ratio of 1:1.
- Apply the diluted juice on the spot where you were bitten.
- You can also try and put a leaf of aloe on the bee sting. Remove the peel from the leave and you will release all the active substances of the plant.
- Aloe will very quickly reduce swelling, itching and hives.
In order to achieve the best and quickest result aloe leaves should be rinsed with water and smashed a bit. In this way leaves of aloe will give a good therapeutic effect. Aloe is contraindicated if you are hypersensitive or have allergic reactions to aloe.
Important: For the home remedies it is more suitable to use aloe leaves which are around 3 years old. Leaves should be cut off. Start to use the leaves which are lower and larger.
In the summer it is so nice to relax at the nature or in the village. People often on the weekends enjoy fresh air, flowers and walks in the parks or woods. However you should remember that exactly there in the woods or parks where we are enjoying flowers we can be bitten by bee or plenty of other insects. It is good to learn what home remedies are better and quicker when it comes to bee bites.
If you are bitten by mosquitoes, wasps, bees or other insect baking soda can help you to relieve burning and itching and will not let microbes into the wound.
Baking soda recipes
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda should be diluted per cup of water.
- Wipe the skin several times a day with this simple solution.
- Insects will not approach you after such a procedure.
- Another simple remedy will help when the bee already bitten you or your child.
- Mix the warm water with baking soda (3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of water).
- Apply the paste on the bite and press with the finger (sting should be already removed from the wound).
- Cover the paste with gauze in order to remain moisturized.
These home remedies will not only reduce pain and swelling but also help to neutralize some toxins contained in insect venoms.
Important: Everyone who is prone to allergic reactions should carry a first aid kit ambulance on each and every trip to the nature.