Have you ever tried to make honey and cinnamon mask? Amazing cinnamon flavor can’t leave anyone indifferent. It can be added into coffee, hot chocolate, it goes well with apple, pear, and sure in bakery but these are not only possible ways to use cinnamon. Here we are going to talk about skin care applying delicious homemade masks using only natural ingredients. Face mask which consists of cinnamon and honey is among the most effective anti-aging masks as it is rich in vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. Useful cinnamon perfectly complements the honey, which supports the immune system. Together they eliminate paleness, improve cell metabolism and blood circulation, which improves the tone and elasticity of the skin, keeping the skin young.
What are the possible applications of cinnamon? Cinnamon is simply irreplaceable thing in cosmetology and if choose the right mask for the face, the result will exceed all your expectations. The most popular mask containing cinnamon is the combination of honey and cinnamon for the face care. This mask is suitable even for sensitive skin in case you are not allergic to honey. And now we are going to move to the most exciting part of our article -mask recipes. There are a great number of recipes using the combination of honey and cinnamon but in order you don’t get lost in this variety of recipes, we have prepared only the most effective recipes for skin care for all occasions in life.
- Recipe number 1: Mask for acne
- Recipe number 2: Mask for skin alignment
- Recipe number 3: Cleansing facial mask
- Recipe number 4: Mask with the cleansing effect
- Recipe number 5: Milk Facial Mask for freshness and skincare
- Recipe number 6: Cinnamon mask for fighting wrinkles and fine lines
- Recipe number 7: Mask for Hair Care Mask
- Recipe number 8: Mask for lighting hair
- Recipe number 9: Mask for Body Care
- Properties of the mask of honey and cinnamon
This mask is going to provide you with a good calming effect. The main functions of this mask are the following:
- to remove inflammation,
- to clean pores,
- to improve skin tone.
Face mask made of cinnamon and honey for fighting acne symptoms has proven to be very effective.
This mask is recommended not only for treatment of the problem but also for the prevention of acne as well. The month of regular use will give a stunning result: the skin will be smooth and the color will be beautiful and even. How to prepare honey and cinnamon mask?
How to make the mask?
- Take cinnamon and honey,
- Add a tablespoon of honey to a half of a teaspoon of cinnamon,
- Stir this mix until it becomes smooth.
How to use the mask? Leave it on face for 10-15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water and after rinse your face again with cold water.
There are some contraindications and possible side effects of honey and cinnamon facial mask that you should take into account while making it. Among the contraindications there are only two most important requirements. Thus, it is forbidden to make a mask of honey and cinnamon, if you have:
- Individual intolerance to one of the ingredients;
- Too dry or very sensitive skin;
- Increased susceptibility to allergies.
It should be noted that honey and cinnamon are potent allergens (it means that there is a high risk of an allergic reaction, especially in people who are prone to allergies.)
Possible side effects are the following:
- Itching of skin
Inform your dermatologist in case you have an allergic reaction.
Important: Do not use a mask in case you have inflamed pimples. If to apply this combination to the painful areas the mixture may aggravate the situation, causing irritation or allergic reactions.
Facial mask containing these ingredients is used not only to prevent acne or to treat the problem. It is also efficient for dealing with the elimination of the consequences, namely, to remove stains from acne. For best results it is recommended to use it at least every other day.
How to make the mask:
- Take honey and cinnamon in the ratio 1: 1 (teaspoons)
- Mix until the combination becomes smooth
How to use the mask? The resulting mass should be applied to the affected areas where there are the traces of acne. It is not necessary to use the mast for the whole face. It will be enough to leave the mask for 25-30 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Important: Facial mask prepared of honey and cinnamon can harm people suffering from rosacea (dilated blood vessels on the face), because honey stimulates vasodilatation. Take this into account when making the mask.
For dry skin type:
- Take cinnamon (a teaspoon of powder), honey (2 teaspoons) and egg yolk (raw).
- Mix all ingredients
- Stir until you get the smooth mix
For oily skin type:
- Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder ,
- Take honey (2 teaspoons)
- Take one white egg (raw)
- Mix all ingredients till smooth
For normal skin type:
- Prepare a teaspoon of cinnamon,
- Take honey (2 teaspoons)
- Take 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream ( it can be substituted with yogurt 3 tablespoons)
- Mix all ingredients till smooth condition
How to use the mask? Leave the resulting mass on the face for 10-15 minutes.
Important: It is recommended to use water contrast: first wash off the mask with warm water, then rinse it with the cold water (with water below room temperature).
We have already talked about the properties of cinnamon and honey separately and in combination but what if to add some other ingredients?
Here you are offered to try the recipe with clay, chamomile and sea salt. Clay is used for deeply cleansing of pores, chamomile is able to eliminate the inflammation signs and sea salt in its turn is used for disinfection.
How to make the mask:
- Dissolve a tablespoon teaspoon of honey in hot water,
- add 3-5 drops of chamomile oil,
- add a teaspoon of sea salt,
- add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder,
- add 5 tablespoons of white clay,
- mix all ingredients.
How to use the mask? Apply the mixture on the face for about 10-13 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
Important: This mask has a versatile action.
Milk mask will provide you with the feeling of freshness for the long period of time after applying it. It is easy to prepare the mask following these instructions:
How to make the mask:
- Take the cinnamon stick
- Leave it 5 minutes on low heat in ½ cup of milk
- Do not bring to a boil
- The resulting solution should be filtered
- Dissolve it in 2 tablespoons of honey
Important: It is better to use a brush or a cotton swab to wipe the face. You can wash when the liquid is absorbed.
To make this mask at home you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/4 of a banana
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of honey
How to make the mask:
- Rub the banana puree,
- add the lemon juice,
- add cinnamon milled and sour cream,
- mix all ingredients
- put a thick layer on the face, neck and décolleté zone.
Important: It should be washed off after 20 minutes with the warm water, then rinse it with the cold water.
Cosmetic properties of honey are known to all. After using anything composed of honey, the hair is going to become thick, shiny, healthy and strong.
It will be enough to have 2-3 procedures of applying the mask of cinnamon, honey and vegetable oils to notice first changes in your hair quality. If you use the mask on the regular basis, it will have the function of maintaining the effect.
What ingredients are necessary to prepare the effective hair mask including cinnamon and honey:
- honey (45g),
- cinnamon powder (45g),
- coconut oil (5ml),
- macadamia (5ml),
- essential oils of cinnamon (5 drops).
Here you are offered to prepare a mask with a dosage which is suitable for normal hair, in case you have the dry hair type, it is possible to increase the dose of oil and vice versa for oily hair – to reduce the dose of oil.
How to make the make the honey-cinnamon mask for hair:
- First, it is necessary to melt coconut oil in a water bath,
- Then add honey,
- Stir it well until it is dissolved,
- Then add the cinnamon powder,
- In a separate container displace the oil and add to the remaining components,
- Apply the warm mixture to wet hair and leave it for half an hour or 40 minutes.
Important: The main function of this mask is to improve the condition of hair and to contribute to its growth. Moreover, the hair is going to become better manageable, smooth and acquire subtle fragrance of oriental spices, which will last for several days.
The mask with cinnamon and honey to lighten hair is safer compared to usual cosmetic means due to natural ingredients included in its structure. Furthermore, this means at the same time lightening and care of hair which will make it look healthier.
For the preparation of a natural lightening agent you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 ml hair conditioner,
- 45g cinnamon powder,
- 45g of honey.
It is recommended to use a wooden or plastic spoon for mixing as the metal may decrease the effectiveness of the mask because of the possible chemical reaction with the components of a clarifying agent.
Before applying the mask you need to wash your hair, then apply the mask on a slightly damp hair, rubbing the scalp. After the application it is better to cover the head using the cellophane wrap and insulate. Keep the mask with warming effect for half an hour, then still only about 4 hours under cellophane. The longer the mixture on the hair, the greater the results are going to be. One procedure allows lightening hair on the 1-2 pitch, the more frequent use of such mask will provide you with the stronger effect.
Important: In case you would like to boost the mask’s effect, it is allowed to increase the amount of cinnamon powder in the mask.
This mask’s aim is to help you to get rid of cellulitis easily.
In cosmetology cinnamon is often used to get rid of cellulite. Aromatic spices are included in the composition of masks and wraps. Cinnamon is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which help to restore skin elasticity and to prevent aging providing skin with the necessary nutrients.
Cinnamon helps to get rid of cellulite due to its warming effect.Recipe of an anti-cellulite mask made of cinnamon and honey is very easy in use.
Prepare the following ingredients:
- honey (45g),
- cinnamon (15g),
- a few drops of essential oil of cinnamon.
Mix all the ingredients well and apply it to the areas which are prone to cellulite for 10-15 minutes. Be ready to have some burning sensation, redness, irritation. But in case you experience severe allergic reaction, it is recommended to wash the mask at once. This may happen if a person is allergic to one of the mix ingredients.
Important: Regular use of masks will help to restore skin smoothness, making it nourished and reducing the signs of cellulite.
- The strong bactericidal effect – the main advantage of cinnamon-honey masks. As honey and cinnamon have antimicrobial effect, allowing pimples quickly mature.
- Nourishing, toning and anti-aging properties – the second reason for the popularity. Honey and cinnamon have a lot of useful vitamins, macro- and micronutrients that nourish the skin, rejuvenate and tone it.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. Destroying bacteria, honey and cinnamon, reduce inflammation and stop festering process, which is very important if your goal is to get rid of acne.
- Face masks with honey and cinnamon help to remove spots, scars and traces of acne thanks to the excellent regenerative effect. Masks help scars and stains to go unnoticed in a short period of time.
- The low cost is also a benefit as all the ingredients are cheap and accessible to everyone.