Coconut oil is an amazing agent that has come to us from tropical countries and today can be found in the kitchen of almost any hostess and in the bags of modern girls. Coconut oil has wonderful properties: its application in various fields is constantly expanding, opening new and new horizons in its development. Invaluable advantage of this amazing oil is its unique chemical composition. For thousands of years people living in the tropics used coconut oil in food and for cosmetic purposes. This oil can kill many types of bacteria and viruses that can pose a danger to humans. Due to its beneficial properties coconut oil has a variety of uses which we are going to talk about in this article.
- What does coconut oil consist of
- What properties does coconut oil have
- Coconut oil in cosmetology
- Coconut oil in medicine
- How to use coconut oil for teeth whitening
- Coconut oil in cooking
- Unusual ways of using coconut oil in daily life
Why Coconut Oil today is of demand in various fields? The answer is that coconut oil has not only therapeutic but also prophylactic properties, due to its chemical composition. Coconut oil is a natural product. The oil is made without the use of flavorings, fragrances, thickeners, dyes and other chemicals. All the beneficial properties of coconut oil are incorporated in it by nature itself, so it does not need the artificial and often harmful additives.
The miraculous properties of coconut oil are provided with the following substances:
Lauric acid provides antibacterial action. The coconut oil contains at least 50% of the natural component. Hyaluronic acid creates a moist environment at the surface of the skin.
This coconut oil is one of the best moisturizing, softening, nourishing and protective.
After all, it consists exclusively of acids, each of which has a certain useful effect:
- Lauric acid
- Myristic acid
- Palmitic acid
- Oleic acid
- Caprylic acid
- Capric acid
- Stearic acid
- Linoleic acid
- Caproic acid
Thanks to their integrated and comprehensive impact on the human body, coconut oil is so precious in cosmetics, medicine and cooking.
Important: Natural coconut oil should be cold pressed as it has the maximum concentration of nutrients.
Thanks to its useful nutrients coconut oil is able to provide you with the following benefits:
- To make the skin soft and velvety;
- To strengthen hair;
- To enhance immunity;
- To remove cholesterol plaques;
- To lower blood sugar;
- To burn subcutaneous fat, providing weight loss;
- To slow the aging process in the body;
- To get rid of anxiety and stress;
- To eliminate the tumor;
- To relieve pain;
- To accelerate the process of blood clotting and promote rapid healing of wounds;
- To locate and nullify the inflammatory foci;
- To improve the taste of many dishes.
- To work as teeth whitening remedy
If you know about these wonderful properties of coconut oil and be able to use it for its intended purpose, it is possible in the shortest time to solve many of the cosmetic problems, improve health, feel better and be a wonderful cook in your own kitchen, turning it into a restaurant.
Important: The main thing is to know the clear dosage and follow the prescribed treatment as well as using oil as the preventive mean approved by your doctor when it comes to health and beauty. Hostess should find good recipes based on this amazing product and to please everybody at home with a variety of goodies.
The cosmetic use of coconut oil is boundless, as you can buy a lot of cosmetic means based on it and even prepare at home with your own hands all kinds of cosmetics for hair and face, hands and feet, and the whole body skin. Fatty acids which are a part of this unique product can regularly, carefully and very gently care for hair and skin, if you use these means correctly.
If you have cosmetics prepared on the basis of coconut oil, it probably belongs to the category of your favorite. It is impossible not to appreciate its gentle care even for the most delicate and sensitive skin, for the most problematic and damaged hair. With this makeup you can easily forget about many problems of appearance and always shine with beauty and freshness. Cosmetology is not the only sphere where coconut oil can be successfully used.
Important: Coconut oil has a lot of useful properties and is used by everyone without special prescription, except those who may have the individual allergic reaction to coconut oil. Stop using it, if you have any signs of an allergy while applying it to your skin.
How to use coconut oil for hair?
If you are a happy owner of unrefined coconut oil, in which there is a mass of nutrients, remember one thing: it is recommended not to apply it on the hair tips. Such experiments can cause irritation. But to distribute it on the hair length is possible.
It will provide a lot of benefits for your hair:
- it will restore the damaged structure,
- it will eliminate brittleness
- it will moisturize excessively dry hair,
- it will add volume and strength.
If the oil is refined, it may be safely to apply it on the scalp, but it still does not give such a bright effect.
Important: Coconut oil as a part of hair masks, shampoos, balms, conditioners works wonders with the most lifeless hair. And it can be used effectively after being bought in the shop or made at home.
How to use coconut oil for skin care?
More coconut oil can be used as part of masks and creams for the face, but you can just apply it to your skin twice a week. What functions does coconut oil perform for skin care?
- It copes with various eruptions: acne, pimples, black points,
- It moisturizes dry skin,
- It eliminates scaly spots,
- It makes the skin extremely soft and tender to the touch.
If to use oil before tanning, the tan will be stunningly beautiful – chocolate. Additionally, coconut oil is considered to be one of the best massage means, which perfectly warms up the skin and improves circulation.
In order to use coconut oil as a nutrient and face skin moisturizer it is necessary:
- to take a shower, using an exfoliating scrub,
- to apply oil to the skin using massaging movements,
- to wash off the oil with warm water, gently wipe the skin with a towel. It will be very thin layer of coconut oil on your skin.
There are some tips how to use coconut oil for your face:
- You can make the cream of it or just apply it to the cleansed face along the massage lines as a mask. Courses during 1-2 weeks are necessary to have the desired effect.
- Take a small amount of oil (about 1 gram) and apply to the skin, the oil begins to melt and will be absorbed, almost without leaving a greasy residue.
Important: If coconut oil dries your skin, try to put it on wet face and the effect will be completely different.
How to use coconut oil to prevent body stretches?
Coconut oil is not a professional mean against stretch marks on the skin but it can be used as a prophylactic method.
The coconut oil contains vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. Due to the ability of this vitamin to protect cell membranes and prevent them from oxidation, this vitamin when applied to the skin is able to protect skin cells from degeneration, therefore, among other things, it is used to treat stretch marks. Properties of coconut oil as a wonderful moisturizer also have a positive effect on the solution of this problem.
Important: It is recommended to apply coconut oil to the affected areas of your body after taking a bath till you notice the desired effect.
How to use coconut oil for getting suntan?
Natural coconut oil, in addition to its other advantages, is successfully used in its pure form before and after sunbathing:
- Its application provides smooth, tropical tan
- It is able to moisturize the skin
- It won’t let your skin dry out
- It prevents premature wrinkles
- It is quickly absorbed, leaving no oily sheen
- It is hypoallergenic
- It will soften skin weakening the burning, if you were burned.
Special cream for tanning does have the protective property, they just speed up the process of tanning and include a lot of harmful chemicals compared to coconut oil which is an absolutely natural product, therefore it doesn’t cause side effects and allergies except very rare cases of individual hypersensitivity to one of the mentioned acids in the composition of the coconut oil.
Important: After sunburn it is recommended to use coconut oil applying it with the massaging movements. Coconut oil can also be used in the tanning bed before a session (draws a tan and makes the skin burn and dry out) as well as after the session to moisturize the skin again.
Coconut oil has found one more sphere of application- medicine due to the composition of fatty acids with the following properties:
Coconut oil is expanding its therapeutic functionality: its properties are still studied in medical laboratories.
Which diseases can be treated with the help of coconut oil?
Of course, it is not a self-medication but it is used a supplement to the basic therapy and greatly helps to cope with many diseases, including:
- eczema, dermatitis, allergic skin reactions;
- ulcers, heartburn;
- nervous and mental disorders until the epilepsy;
- a weakened immune system;
- wounds, scars, scars, postoperative seams.
Important: The dosage should be prescribed by a physician, since in some cases coconut oil is used externally in the form of compresses and lotions, and in some cases it may be necessary to use it internally. However, not everyone can withstand the treatment of fatty oil, if it is necessary to drink: it has a specific taste and smell. It is worth remembering that medicine – an area where the use of coconut oil is recommended only on doctor’s advice.
How to apply coconut oil for treating various health problems?
- Ear infections- drip a few drops in each ear canal. If coconut oil is solid, it can be easy to thin out, put a small amount in a small container and then put it in a cup of hot water.
- Skin rashes and irritation, including chicken pox and shingles- just apply a small amount to the affected area.
- Yeast infections, such as athlete’s foot and ringworm-for the treatment of fungal infections the coconut oil can be mixed with a little amount of oregano essential oil or tea tree oil
- Bites from bees and other insects and Herpes- Add a little oil of oregano and apply at the first sign of illness
- Frequent nosebleeds- apply a small amount of oil in the nasal passages
How to use coconut oil for your health internally?
- You can drink the coconut oil in its pure form, starting with 1 teaspoon a day and increasing the dose to 2-3 tablespoons a day (before meals), washed down with the required amount of water.
- Tea with a few drops of coconut oil soothes irritation in the throat when coughing.
- To cleanse the mouth and for teeth whitening it is recommended on a daily basis to keep the mouth 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil for 10 minutes.
Important: Do not risk your own health and don’t self-medicate, thinking that such a popular natural remedy like coconut oil will treat all health problems within a couple of days.
To improve the condition of your teeth and gums, it is helpful to rinse your mouth with coconut oil
According to experts of the American Dental colleges, coconut oil can improve the condition of the gums and teeth. After just a week, a person can notice the decrease of the formation of plaque and strengthening of the gums.
It is recommended to rinse your mouth in the morning and evening taking a teaspoon of coconut oil to pass between the teeth within 5-10 minutes without swallowing it.
Coconut oil has a whitening effect as well. It is necessary to use unrefined organic coconut oil and 1-2 drops of essential oil of clove and tea tree oil to achieve the best whitening effect.
How to rinse your mouth using coconut oil:
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil. The best time to rinse mouth is early in the morning before brushing teeth and eating.
- Rinse your mouth for 10-20 minutes, taking care not to swallow the oil.
- Spit oil. And do not be surprised if the mixture of oil and saliva is of milky white or yellow color.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water. Use salt water to produce additional antimicrobial effect.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
Important: The rinse with coconut oil does not replace brushing. It’s just a hygienic procedure, you can use the courses of it. Lauric acid found in coconut oil has the beneficial effect on the gums. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects.
Compared to the previous sphere-medicine, cooking is where you can become a real queen and create with this product whatever your heart desires (following the recipes, of course).
Coconut oil bought from the grocery store will have the properties which are slightly different from those in oil for cosmetology or medical sphere. It will contain the concentration of acids which have taste and be able to help any hostess to make many dishes more delicious and satisfying. Do you want to please your household with the ordinary products which have more refined taste and can surprise them pleasantly? Then go and look for an edible coconut oil and add it to a variety of home-cooked meals: success in the kitchen is provided to you.
How can it be used in cooking:
- Coconut oil can replace the kitchen normal sunflower oil: dishes with them acquire sophisticated and very unusual taste.
- The uniqueness of coconut oil is that during heat treatment it does not emit any harmful carcinogens, which distinguishes it from other oils for cooking various dishes. It is this property allows it to use the product in various diets quite fearlessly: extra kilos you will gain – that’s for sure.
- Coconut oil is especially tasty ingredient of desserts and pastries.
- Coconut oil can also be added to cereal, vegetables and salads.
- Coconut oil can be added to dishes with seafood (shrimp or oysters)
- Coconut oil can be combined with drinks: it is added to a variety of hot drinks, milk, coffee, hot chocolate.
Important: Those who discovered coconut oil in various areas of their lives probably already appreciate its unique properties and benefits. That is why coconut oil collects only the most positive reviews as it has a minimum of contraindications and side effects but the most beneficial effects on the body. And cosmetologists and physicians and chefs recommend to actively use and consume the product, to change your lives for the better even with the help of such pleasant trifle.
There are 12 ways to use coconut oil in daily life which may seem unusual:
- For cleaning of leather products- to clean the leather with coconut oil it is necessary to apply it with a thin layer on a clean cotton cloth. First try on a small area.
- Furniture polish- as for the cleaning of leather products, coconut oil in the same way it can be used to clean and polish wood furniture
- Polishing of metal- first try to apply coconut oil to the small area
- Removing the remnants of adhesives-Chewing gum, the remains of labels- Coconut oil can remove it all. First, remove the maximum possible amount of adhering material mechanically, then apply a thin layer of oil on a cloth and wash the remains before complete purification
- Cleansing and disinfection of wooden cutting boards- oil can be applied every time the wood begins to dry
- For compost tea-It can be used to reduce foam in the production of compost tea plant
- Creating a “non-stick” coating-coconut oil can be used to create a non-stick coating on the cast-iron pots, pans and other small kitchen accessories, which require the creation of such a coating before the first use
- White grease-coconut oil can be used as a lubricant for household items such as kitchen shears, squeaky hinges and other mechanisms
- Cleaner of the shower-to get rid of limescale in the shower it is necessary to apply a small amount of oil on the surface, then spray it with white vinegar and wipe dry
- Cleaning the interior of the car- you can use coconut oil instead of using harmful chemicals to clean the interior components. With it, the dirt and dust and polish can be removed from the individual elements. By adding a small amount of oil on a soft cloth, wipe the surface and wipe off any excess
- Cleaning and disinfection of caps- apply a thin layer of coconut oil on the mouthpiece and leave it on as long as it is not used. Before use, rinse
- Cleaning of hands and arms after oil paint-it can be used instead of white spirit
Important: Coconut oil can be used for a number of household tasks as an alternative to the more expensive and potentially toxic means.