Before you choose the suitable method of removing pigment spots from your face, try to understand the essence of the process of their appearance. Because the pigment spots on the face may have different causes, including the violation of metabolic processes in the body. That’s why it’s a good idea to start a check-up in the clinic: it’s possible that your pigmentation spots on the face are treated rather than just removed. Healthy and well-groomed skin of the face always attracts attention and gives self-confidence. However, to have healthy skin without pigment spots you need to take care of it daily. The most effective and safe way to get beautiful skin is to entrust its care to the natural homemade creams and masks able to help you get rid of pigment spots.
- Top-7 Reasons of pigment spots:
- Method number 1: Ultrasonic peeling
- Method number 2: Phototherapy
- Method number 3: Laser pigment spots removal
- Method number 4: Cryotherapy
- Method number 5: Mesotherapy
- Method number 6: Elos-method
- Method number 7: Natural homemade masks
- General Rules to Follow to Prevent Pigment Spots:
We all know that nothing appears on the face or on the body just like that, including pigment spots. There can be many reasons for this. If you find out the reason and eliminate it, in combination with masks, you will be able to get rid of this problem much faster.
- Pigment spots can appear after childbirth, it all happens because the hormonal background is not restored.
- Sometimes the reason is the lack of vitamins and microelements in the body.
- The malfunction in the work of internal organs, namely the liver, bile, kidney. It is very important to consult the doctor, it is desirable to pass the necessary tests.
- Sometimes pigmentation spots on the face are formed in the summer due to excessive sunburn.
- The use of scrub and peeling for the face, especially in summer, during the period of solar activity these agents severely injure the skin.
- Some medications also have a negative effect on the skin.
- With age, the skin ages and all changes that occur on the skin can be associated with age-related changes.
To remove pigmentation on the face it is possible using such cosmetic procedure as the ultrasound peeling.
It helps to deliver nutrients to the skin cells and has an effect on the deeper layers of the skin. The procedure is carried out using a special apparatus absolutely painless and safe for the body.
- reduces sebaceous ducts;
- removes dead cells;
- improves blood circulation;
- cleanses the skin deeply.
The essence of peeling or facials is to remove the upper layers of the skin. At a superficial peeling the keratinized particles of the top layer of an epidermis are cleaned. With deep and average peeling, the changes are more noticeable, since the essence of such procedures is the removal of dead cells in the deep layers of the epidermis.
There is a method in which bleaching drugs are injected into the skin with ultrasound. This procedure is called ultrasonic peeling. It is necessary to spend 8-10 procedures, so that pigmented spots are left in the past.
One session of ultrasound peeling takes from 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Important: To get the maximum result, you need to have about 10 sessions with an interval of one week to one month.
- removes all kinds of pigmentation on the skin;
- it is highly effective.
Phototherapy, or photorejuvenation – the impact on the skin with light pulses of a certain length (from 550 to 1200 nm). When heated, the absorption of melanin by radiation leads to its destruction without damaging the surrounding tissues. At the same time coagulation of proteins takes place and the pigmented spot temporarily darkens. Then, after a few days the skin peels off, a new layer of healthy shade appears. It’s not just the bleaching of tissues, the spots disappear completely.
For a stable result, usually 3 to 10 skin rejuvenation treatments are usually required with an interval of 3-4 weeks. The course of treatment (wavelength, depth of penetration, number and duration of impulses) is prescribed by the doctor, based on the type of skin, the nature and size of the lesion, the individual characteristics of the organism. The effect is noticeable already 14 days after the first session.
The patient wears goggles, a cooling and anesthetic gel is applied to the problem area. Therefore, the procedure is painless and comfortable. Sometimes there are side effects:
- peeling of the skin.
However, side effects quickly pass. In the recovery period it is recommended to avoid the impact of the ultraviolet rays, use moisturizers and sunscreen.
Important: The method is not recommended for use during pregnancy, skin and malignant diseases, photosensitivity, and within 2 weeks after sunburn and autosunburn.
During laser polishing, a laser beam is used that selectively acts on the skin, and heats it to a certain depth. This method is quite traumatic and the rehabilitation period after the procedure is approximately two weeks or more. However, this method is most effective and the result is striking.
Unlike previous methods, laser spot removal is considered to be a more gentle method, since this work does not imply layer-by-layer removal of tissues, but is aimed only at combating unwanted pigment. The surface of the skin is not injured. Pigment removal is achieved in several sessions.
Advantages of laser removal of pigment spots:
- Efficient. The result of the procedure for removal can be seen after two or three sessions. Due to the fact that the effect is carried out at the cellular level, the achieved result persists for a long time.
- Safe. The operation excludes the possibility of complications. After the session, the patient can immediately return to the usual rhythm of life.
- Painless. Stain removal is performed without anesthesia, is easily tolerated by the patient, does not leave scars.
Important: On the first day after the operation, it is advisable to exclude water from entering the treated area, and avoid exposure to ultraviolet radiation for 3 weeks. To completely remove pigment spots on the body or face, three sessions are sufficient.
- helps to brighten pigment spots with the help of liquid nitrogen;
- eliminates even the deepest spots of pigmentation.
For this procedure, a special apparatus is used that maintains the required temperature. Cryotherapy is a painless procedure, which, undoubtedly, is its dignity. In addition, it gently affects the tissues and leaves no adhesions and scars at the site of removal. There is no bleeding during the procedure. Removal of pigment spots of a different nature by liquid nitrogen is an effective modern method of non-traumatic surgical treatment, accessible to all.
Important: For a positive result, the procedure must be repeated. The number of repetitions is determined by the type of neoplasm and ranges from two to five.
- helps to rejuvenate the skin,
- and eliminate such defects as pigmentation, traces of acne or scars.
Special dermal fillers, vitamin complexes or medicinal substances are used for the procedure. Medicines are injected under the skin with a thin needle to a certain depth, so they have a direct effect on the cells. Mesotherapy can normalize the production of melanin, especially in cases of its increased production with age-related skin changes. The standard course of the mesotherapy is:
- 3-5 procedures with an interval of 1 week;
- 2-4 procedures with an interval of 2 weeks;
- repeating the course once in 3 months.
Important: It is better to use mesotherapy in the end of autumn. This is explained by the fact that after a course of treatment with this method, the skin of a person begins to perceive the sun’s rays very strongly. In late autumn and winter the sun shines very rarely.
- Elos-technique combines laser and radio-frequency therapy, due to which it is possible to remove stains of different shapes and sizes.
- Considered to be the most effective way of treatment of pigment spots.
During the procedure, selective coagulation of epithelial cells with a high content of melanin takes place. By time the session takes from 10 to 40 minutes. It is forbidden to do a bleaching procedure during pregnancy and breastfeeding, with diabetes and a tendency to keloid scars.
Important: Remember that these methods should be used for removing deep pigmentation of the skin, which cosmetic agents cannot cope with. Choose the most suitable procedure after consulting your cosmetologist.
At home, dandelion juice, egg white, fresh cucumber, parsley greens, sour-milk products, sauerkraut, radish, hydrogen peroxide, strawberries, kiwi and other products are used for bleaching pigment spots.
Before you start to bleach your face, it’s important to know that not in all cases they cannot be completely whitened. But clarifying the spots by a few tones can be considered an excellent result. Masks from pigment spots are very effective because they help to moisten and brighten the skin. It is very important to prepare a mask from fresh ingredients, and immediately before use. Here you will find the most effective recipes of natural masks to get rid of pigment spots.
Recipe number 1: Fruit peeling with honey
- 2/3 of the peeled pineapple;
- ½ peeled papaya;
- 1 tbsp. liquid honey.
Preparation and application:
- mix pieces of fruit;
- add liquid honey to the fruit mass;
- whip the peeling agent in the mixer;
- apply a fruit-honey peeling on the face;
- leave no more than 7-10 minutes to avoid burns with fruit acids!
- wash with warm water.
Recipe number 2: Mask from dairy products
It is well- known that lactic acid perfectly brightens the face. To do this, you can apply:
- sour cream.
Masks are applied from these products for about ten minutes. And you can mix sour cream or kefir with natural honey.
- Take 2 spoonful of any dairy product;
- Add 1 spoonful of honey;
- Leave the mask for 10-15 minutes,
- Rinse with water.
Recipe number 3: Parsley and lemon mask
A mask of parsley and lemon is considered the most effective mask from pigment spots. This combination of products perfectly helps to lighten the skin from the first application.
- Mix two tablespoons of parsley very finely;
- mix it with a spoonful of lemon juice;
- pound the parsley in a mortar or grind it in a blender;
- Put a mask on the face;
- Chop a couple of spoons of parsley;
- Pour them 200 ml. boiling water;
- Insist about 20 minutes and apply the received infusion on the face.
The face is wiped with a cotton pad. Parsley relieves puffiness, redness, whitens the skin, improves the color of the face.
Recipe number 4: Yeast mask with grapefruit juice
You will need:
- 20 grams of dry yeast (the manufacturer is not important),
- add one full tablespoon of grapefruit juice to the yeast.
Mix everything thoroughly and wait a few minutes for the yeast to thicken a little. Put a mask on the face. Wash off this mask with warm water. Then you need to wipe your face with ice cubes.
Recipe number 5: Cucumber mask
Cucumber mask from pigment spots is prepared as follows:
- Finely chop the fresh cucumber to a mushy state,
- apply on a gauze napkin
- and put on your face (cucumber gruel on the skin).
The exposure time is 10 minutes. Update the portion of the mask and leave for another 10 minutes. Apply it three times in a row. The procedure is conducted every day with a course of ten days.
Recipe number 6: Hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice mask
Mask is prepared with hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice.
You will need:
- two spoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- and a spoonful of lemon juice.
- Mix peroxide and lemon juice.
- Moisten a piece of gauze in this solution.
- Apply it for about 7 minutes to the problem areas on the face.
You can use this mask every day during 10 days. But you need to remember that this kind of mask dries the skin very much. After the mask, you should wash and apply a thick layer of nourishing cream on your face.
Recipe number 7: Mask from berries
To prepare a mask you need such berries:
- red currants,
Grind the berries in puree and apply slurry to the face. Berries can be used by season. Masks from berries allow to lighten the face a natural way, without harm. But given that you do not have allergies to the listed berries.
Important: Masks from the pigmentation spots for the face are really effective and provide you with a good result. The main thing is to do everything with the course and test all the masks on the wrist before applying them not to have an allergic reaction.
Treatment of pigment spots on the face is complex. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist, an endocrinologist, a cosmetologist. Doctors will help to adjust the diet and help determine the actual severity of pigment spots. Besides you should follow such rules:
- Don’t drink too much coffee;
- Try to eat foods that contain vitamin PP, C;
- Be sure to try to protect your face, as well as the body from exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- Don’t stay in the sun, when it is the most active;
- Use sun protection with a high SPF level.