Bath for each of us is a small corner of paradise, a place where you can relax, be alone with yourself and replenish your vitality. Recipes of medicinal baths for skin, hair and even for weight loss are known since the days of Ancient Egypt, and today we will share with you bath recipes for beauty and health.
- Bath number 1: Milk Bath
- Bath number 2: Herbal Bath
- Bath number 3: Honey Bath
- Bath number 4: Beer Bath
- Bath number 5: Ginger bath
- Bath number 6: Soda Bath
- Bath number 7: Chocolate Bath
- Bath number 8: Fruit Bath
- Top-8 General Recommendations for Taking Beauty Baths:
Bath number 1: Milk Bath
It is known that Queen Cleopatra to stay young and fresh took a bath with the milk of the donkey. The ancients knew about the benefits of this product for the skin. This is confirmed by modern beauticians. Milk contains vitamin E, proteins, milk fats, which support the elasticity of the skin, nourish and retain valuable moisture in the deep layers. And enzymes in the composition contribute to the renewal of cells. Taking a bath with milk at least once a week, you will help the skin to preserve beauty and youth for a long time.
Milk bath with oatmeal
This procedure helps to get rid of peeling and itching.
- Mix 1 cup cornstarch,
- Add 2 cups of milk powder,
- add 1/2 cup oatmeal
- and grind the mixture in a blender until the powder is formed.
- Add in a warm bath 3/4 cup.
Milk Lavender Bath
Lavender bath will allow you to relax after a busy day.
- Take 1 cup cornstarch
- add 2 cups of powdered milk,
- pour into a blender and chop,
- then add 3 teaspoons of dried lavender to the mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the mixture into the tub.
Milk and honey bath
- 1 cup of milk powder,
- 200 g of soda,
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch,
- 1 teaspoon of cream and mix in a blender.
Add 1 teaspoon of honey to this mixture. Cool before use and add 1/2 cup to a warm bath.
Advice: Use milk bathes not only to rejuvenate your skin but also promote weight loss.
Bath number 2: Herbal Bath
After taking this procedure, you will feel much better. Medicinal plants are widely used in spa centers. Depending on the type, they have different effects, for example, help to relax, get rid of insomnia, or vice versa contribute to cheerfulness. However, at too high doses, they can cause headaches, allergies.
How to prepare the herbal bath:
- take a bag of natural cloth,
- put 200 g of herb in it,
- dip it in 1 liter of water,
- and cook for 20 minutes.
After this, pour the broth into the bath. Time of taking a bath is 20 minutes.
Advice: You can use soothing herbs, for example, mint, chamomile, lavender, lemon balm. Also you can buy a ready mix of herbs.
Bath number 3: Honey Bath
Everyone knows that honey contains beneficial substances for the beauty and health of the skin. It is often used to prepare various masks for the face, hair, nails. Since ancient times, honey was used to make various baths for beauty.
Healing effect is provided by a bath with young shoots of pine and honey. It has the following health benefits:
- improves blood circulation,
- relieves various pains (rheumatic).
How to prepare the honey bath:
- Take 10 young shoots of pine (branches),
- pour 3 liters of water,
- leave for 10 minutes with the lid closed,
- Strain the decoction strain,
- pour into the bath 37 ° C,
- then add honey (200 g).
- Time of reception: 15 – 20 minutes.
Advice: The product from the supermarket is not suitable for cosmetic purposes. It contains much sugar. It is recommended to use natural honey instead.
Bath number 4: Beer Bath
Beer beauty treatment reduces stress, smoothes the skin, helps fight acne, psoriasis. A similar spa has been used since ancient times by the Egyptians. In addition, our grandmothers also knew that beer improves the condition of the skin and hair. It contains barley malt, hops and yeast.
Beer baths benefits:
- During the procedure, the skin is saturated with vitamins, minerals, among which are folic acid, niacin and biotin.
- The bath normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, so it is ideal for oily skin types.
- It also positively influences the process of cell renewal, regenerates.
How to prepare the beer bath:
- Add 2 liters of dark beer to the water.
- In addition, you can add other ingredients, such as honey, a mixture of herbs.
- The water temperature should be 34-38 degrees Celsius. Warm water helps to relieve stress, reduces fatigue.
- Time of reception: 20 – 30 minutes.
Advice: Take into account the contraindications: pregnancy, high blood pressure, weakened blood vessels.
Bath number 5: Ginger bath
Ginger bath is common for Chinese, who think it is not only for beauty but for health as well.
How to prepare ginger bath:
- Dissolve 2.5 tbsp. spoons of tincture of Echinacea in 0.5 liters of water and pour into a bath.
- Add 1.5 pcs. grated ginger fruit and orange slices.
- Prepare a glass of black tea,
- add 0.5 spoons of Echinacea tincture, honey and a slice of ginger.
This cocktail of health drinks during a bath – to enhance the health effect.
Advice: Only 10 minutes of such a bath is enough to increase the body’s resistance to viruses.
Bath number 6: Soda Bath
Soda does have the property of preventing fat absorption. When we steam out our body in a hot soda bath, the pores are opened, intensified sweating begins, which activates the processes of cleansing the body of toxins, radionuclides and toxins. As a result, the body decreases in volume and leaves extra pounds.
Soda bath is very beneficial for the skin:
- soothes irritation,
- relieves inflammatory reactions and allergic manifestations,
- softens the skin
- and makes it smoother.
Not in vain soda baths are indicated for dermatitis, seborrhea, dry eczema, fungal skin lesions. Also, the soda bath will help to remove the flabbiness of the skin, which can appear, for example, after considerable weight loss. And still baths with soda perfectly cope with coarsening of a skin on elbows and heels.
Soda baths, for obtaining the best effect, should be taken in courses of 10 procedures, breaks between the last should be 1 day (procedure – 1 day break – procedure – 1 day break). The duration of each procedure should not be more than 20-25 minutes. The effectiveness of soda baths will increase, if before their reception to go for a small walk on the fresh air.
For the correct reception of a soda bath it is necessary to get a thermometer for measuring the temperature of liquids. Take a bath with a water temperature of 36-37º. Further 200 grams of baking soda (slightly less than half the pack) is dissolved in a small amount of hot water. The resulting concentrated solution is added to the bath. The recommended dosage is designed for a bath of 150-200 liters.
When the skin gets used to your adjusted water temperature of 36-37º, add an extra hot liquid so that the temperature of the bath is increased to 38-39º. Remember, the hotter the water, the faster the purification process is.
After the reception of the soda bath you do not need to rinse, you should dress, wrap in a warm blanket and lie down to rest. Ideally, if you take a soda bath for the night. If this is not possible, then after the procedure should lie down for at least an hour. At the end of all 10 procedures of soda baths, you can repeat the course not earlier than in 2 months.
Soda-salt bath is considered most effective for weight loss.
How to prepare soda bath:
- For its preparation take 300 grams of baking soda
- Add 500 grams of sea salt (It is possible to take 1 kg of sea salt to the hot water bath).
Advice: To fix the effect of the soda bath, at the end of its reception, use a body scrub that can be made independently from soda and honey (two tablespoons of liquid honey mix with a tablespoon of soda, massage movements spread over the body, rinse, then apply to the skin moisturizing or nourishing cream).
Bath number 7: Chocolate Bath
With the help of a chocolate bath, your skin will become silky and soft. A cup of hot or cold chocolate and a glass of champagne will be a pleasant addition to the procedure, which will help to feel absolute comfort and impeccability.
Composition of chocolate bath:
Cocoa beans are a storehouse of biologically active substances, namely: vitamins PP, A, B1, E, B2, F; microelements: sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium; proteins; phytosterols, methylxanthine, theobromine. This is a mild stimulant, which increases the tone of the body. Polyphenols effectively combat stress and early aging.
The composition of cocoa includes theophylline and theobromine. These substances belong to the group of alkaloids. They generate biochemical processes in the skin, thereby providing a lifting effect. The composition of cocoa beans is oil, about 55 percent. It has a brown color and has a chocolate flavor. Due to the regenerating properties of the oil, the skin is protected from premature wrinkles.
Important fatty acids, such as oleic, palmitic, linolenic, stearic, also have regenerative properties. Their function includes retaining moisture in the skin and restoring the cell membrane.
Caffeine is a great energetic:
- effectively restores the elasticity of the skin,
- stimulates blood circulation,
- promotes the breakdown of fats,
- activates the process of combating excess weight and cellulite,
- prevents the appearance of swelling.
The most effective way to take a chocolate bath is in the jacuzzi. If there is no such possibility, it does not matter. An ordinary bath is quite suitable for this purpose. It is important to create an atmosphere of comfort when taking this procedure.
Before taking a chocolate bath it is recommended to take a shower. If this procedure is performed for the first time, then after the shower you should do skin peeling. For this purpose, sea salt, diluted with low-fat cream or mineral water, is suitable.
The recommended time for taking a chocolate bath is not more than 20 minutes. At the end of the procedure, rinse the body with a warm shower, blot with a towel, apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream to the skin. Then put on a robe and rest for about thirty minutes. Remember that chocolate bath should not be taken immediately after a meal, but only after two hours.
Chocolate milk bath
- Mix 100 grams of cocoa powder with one tablespoon of cinnamon
- add 100 g of milk powder
- add 1 tbsp. warm water in the resulting mixture
- melt in a water bath.
In the product obtained it is recommended to add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and pour the entire mixture into a bath.
Chocolate-milk bath has a softening effect on the skin. Lactic acid, which is found in dry milk, gives an excellent moisturizing effect. As a result, your skin becomes soft and velvety.
Effervescent chocolate bath
An effervescent chocolate bath will give a tonic effect, if you follow these instructions:
- Prepare the chocolate-milk bath,
- Add to it 1 tbsp of citric acid,
- add 100 g of soda.
In the water, a lot of bubbles are formed, due to which the water simply “comes alive”. As one of the options for making such a bath is the use of chocolate bombs for a bath.
Chocolate anti-stress bath
- Take 150-200 grams of cocoa powder
- stir with 1 liter of hot water,
- then stir until it is dissolved.
- Pour the product into the bath.
Advice: Don’t take chocolate baths if you have: heart disease, benign and malignant tumors, infectious diseases, mental disorders, blood diseases that are allergic to chocolate. Chocolate baths can’t be taken during pregnancy and critical days.
Bath number 8: Fruit Bath
The benefits of taking such a bath are obvious, natural ingredients without perfume fragrances and preservatives have a beneficial effect on the skin and restore tone, youth and beauty. This bath has the following benefits for health and beauty:
- relieves stress,
- nourishes the skin,
- strengthens the walls of the capillaries,
- increases immunity
- and improves blood circulation.
After such procedure the mood improves, the skin becomes pure and fragrant.
Recipes of fruit baths abound in their diversity. How many fruits in nature, so much you can think of recipes for fruit baths. It is not difficult to prepare such a bath. It is enough to beat soft fruit and berries in a puree – bananas, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, papaya and add a bath in a warm water. Solid fruit can be cut into pieces, add a little milk or olive oil and pour into a prepared bath.
- Dry a zest of three oranges to dry,
- and grind in a coffee grinder,
- add two glasses of fresh orange juice,
- mix thoroughly,
- add a few spoons of olive or linseed oil.
This recipe is known since ancient times. The Chinese claim that such a bath cleans up energy. In fact, well-being after such a luxurious procedure is truly magical.
Coniferous – fruit baths
The combination of fresh needles and fruit flavors will help the skin to become healthy fairly quickly. After such a procedure you feel like a newborn.
- Take a liter of fresh orange or apple juice,
- add 200 ml of hot beetle and 0.5 l of milk,
- mix and pour into a bath.
Time of reception is 20 minutes. This bath helps to rejuvenate and smooth wrinkles. Take a bath at least once a week.
- Take 1 kg of bananas,
- peel the bananas,
- beat the pulp into a mash,
- mix a few spoons of oil – olive, sunflower, tea tree.
- add the mixture to a warm bath.
The best effect this bath gives after peeling the skin. The pores are open, saturated with the aroma and tenderness of banana puree. The skin after this bath smells of health.
Advice: Take into account the contraindications for taking fruit baths: fever, serious circulatory system disorders, critical days and allergies to a certain type of fruit.
Top-8 General Recommendations for Taking Beauty Baths:
A warm bath not only helps to relax, but is also the oldest method of hydrotherapy. To properly prepare a cosmetic bath, the following rules must be observed:
- The water temperature should not be below 34 ° C, the ideal temperature
- Before jumping into the tub you need to take a shower, i.e. thoroughly wash the entire body using traditional washing aids (neutral pH, or 5.5);
- After washing the body can safely take a relaxing cosmetic bath;
- The time of taking a bath is usually about 20 – 30 minutes.
- A hot bath helps to open the pores, and to sweat, which can contribute a little to the detoxification process. But a hot bath can be very relaxing, so you need to take this into account.
- Detoxification as a whole can accelerate weight loss, especially if the body has accumulated a lot of toxins, and if you combine taking a bath with a useful diet.
- Baths, removing toxins, open the pores. If after a bath you use a scrub or other skin cleanser, this can help get rid of acne.
- You can take baths for the body whenever you want, and when you feel that you need to do this.