A number of vitally important substances were called “vitamins” meaning “life” from Latin. Indeed, the shortage of any vitamin can worsen the quality of human life and cause disease. The first vitamin – vitamin A (or retinol) – was discovered by scientists in 1913. And already in 1947 biologists learned to synthesize this substance and apply it to improve human health.
Retinol is a fat-soluble vitamin, which is found in some products of animal origin. From plant foods, you can also get vitamin A, where it is contained in the form of carotenoids – substances from which our body synthesizes vitamin A. Science has described more than 50 types of carotenoids, the most famous of which is β-carotene, contained in carrots. Retinol is the vitamin A free of impurities. Substances that have similar retinol properties are called retinoids.
- Property number 1: Retinol treats acne effectively
- Property number 2: Retinol is used for skin peeling
- Property number 3: Retinol actively stimulates skin cells
- Property number 4: Retinol helps to increase the resistance of the epidermis to external irritating factors
- Effective Tips How to Use Retinol for Different Aims:
The healing properties of vitamin A have been known for a long time, therefore retinol acetate was used as a part of medical preparations for skin treatment. However, the latest medical research has shown that retinol is extremely useful for rejuvenating human skin. And it is important to take it not only as a part of food, but also as a part of creams and skin lotions.
The lack of vitamin A leads to the fact that the skin becomes cornified and scaly – this is the first alarming sign. In these cases, you need to immediately normalize the diet, including foods containing a lot of vitamin A:
- fish oil,
- cottage cheese
- and egg yolks.
Also, all vegetables and fruits of green and yellow color contain carotenoids. The use of vitamins externally and internally has a beneficial effect on the condition and functioning of the skin.
Retinol provides a lot of pros to the problem skin:
- elasticity of the skin increases;
- mechanical damage (scratches, abrasions, cuts) heal without leaving scars and scars, spots;
- the skin is cleansed of inflamed acne.
Vitamin A really affects the physiology of the skin, promotes cell division, inhibits the formation of androgen hormones and regulates the work of the sebaceous glands. Thus, this vitamin plays one of the first roles in preventing the formation of comedones that cause acne. There are various dosage forms of retinol: preparations for external use (cream, ointment); forms for oral administration (capsules, tablets); injections. How to use this or that remedy, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
In some cases, only external treatment is required, and in others you cannot do without pills or injections. Sometimes dermatologists advise to add 2-3 drops of retinoids to the cream for daily skin care.
Recipe 1: Retinol anti-inflammatory mask
- As the basis of the mask take 1 tbsp. spoon of the usual face cream,
- Add to it 1 tsp fresh aloe juice,
- Add 10 drops of retinol
Mix everything and use daily.
Recipe 2: Retinol tonic from acne
- Chamomile flowers – 1 tbsp.
- Steep boiling water – 200 ml.
- Add retinol (Vitamin A in ampoules)
Prepare the infusion of chamomile, fill the boiling water with raw materials and insist it before cooling down. In the finished filtered infusion, include the vitamin and pour into an empty and clean vial of tonic or lotion. Wipe the skin twice a day after washing.
Important: Scientists argue that even proper nutrition cannot help fill the vitamin A deficiency in the body. Therefore, it is necessary to drink vitamin complexes from time to time with its content.
Vitamin A or retinol is widely used in cosmetology, as a means for peeling. Retinol peeling is recommended for women over 30 years old.
The procedure should be performed by an experienced cosmetologist. It helps to:
- smooth small mimic wrinkles,
- increase the elasticity of the skin,
- remove traces of acne, stria.
A solution of a certain concentration on the basis of retinol is prepared immediately before application and applied to problem areas. After a while (depending on the type of problem being solved), the skin is cleared of the composition.
The peeling procedure can be supplemented by applying a soothing mask. Retinoic peeling cannot be done during the hot season, as there is a high risk of skin pigmentation on the skin.
Important: It is not recommended to make peeling at home, otherwise instead of healing the skin you can get the opposite effect – a burn, pigment spots and other dermatological problems.
Retinol is effective for skin cells stimulation. It stimulates the processes of cellular renewal, providing a general rejuvenating effect and smooths the face relief. Retinol also eliminates pigmentation spots and improves complexion. Thanks to the fact that it is able to help to restore and strengthen the epithelial cells that make up the skin, moisturize and improves elasticity, your skin will look much younger with its use. The structure of the skin will be strengthened and improved.
However, if an overdose of the drug occurs, there is a so-called exhaustion syndrome, in which cell division stops abruptly and the skin begins to age very quickly. To not get the opposite effect from retinol, use it correctly.
Here you will find the guidelines how to do it in the proper way. Follow instructions below:
- Begin the use of rejuvenating retinoic cosmetics only after 40 years old. The younger skin from saturation with such drugs will begin to fade faster.
- Between the courses of application of retinol (45-60 days), it is necessary to take breaks in 2-3 months, in order to avoid excessive accumulation of the substance.
- At the first applications the skin can negatively react to influence of retinoic cosmetics. If there is redness, peeling or tingling, then the remedy should be used not every day, but every other day. Adapting the skin to a new drug occurs within two weeks, then the negative manifestations stop. If the addiction does not occur, then go for a cream with a lower concentration of retinol.
- If you are prone to different kind of allergies, then before using a cream with retinol, you should consult your doctor.
- Apply drugs with retinol once a day, preferably in the evening. Since it is at night that the process of renewal of skin cells takes place.
- Apply the cream on the entire surface of the face and especially on wrinkles. If you have sensitive skin, avoid getting the cream on the area around the eyes so that there are no unpleasant sensations.
- For the skin around the eyes apply special creams with retinol.
- Under the influence of retinol, the skin actively produces sebum to protect against dryness. Therefore, in parallel with the retinol cream you should deeply moisturize the skin, to avoid excessive fatness of the skin.
- Protect cosmetics with retinol from exposure to light rays, so that the substance does not oxidize.
Recipe 1: Retinol and oil mask
- If you have unrefined olive oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba, grape seed or any other base oil, take it in the amount of 1 tbsp. spoon
- and add only one capsule of vitamin A, stir well.
- Apply on face and do not rinse.
- A liquid that has not absorbed into the skin can be wiped with a tissue.
Recipe 2: Retinol rejuvenating honey-and-oil mask
- 1 teaspoon of burdock oil,
- sweet almond oil and honey,
- solution of Retinol or Vitamin A.
Add there a solution of vitamin A in oil in the amount of half a teaspoon. This mask should be applied by patting movements and washed off after half an hour.
Recipe 3: Nourishing milk mask with retinol
- Fatty sour cream – 1 tsp.
- Curd of high fat content – 1 tsp.
- Retinol in ampoules – 1 pc.
Dairy components should be carefully pounded until smooth, after which add vitamin A. Composition spread on the face and left for 15 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water, then apply a nutritional product that matches your skin type.
Important: It is better the use of a cream with retinol in autumn or winter, when the skin is less exposed to stress from exposure to sunlight.
Property number 4: Retinol helps to increase the resistance of the epidermis to external irritating factors
Retinol is well-known for its property protecting skin from the effects of ultraviolet rays as well as any other external factors that may irritate your skin.
Retinol performs the function of the natural antioxidant being able to help get rid of toxins. Retinol is able to provide the elimination of signs of photodamage of the skin. Photoaging of the skin is a combination of biochemical, structural and visible (clinical) skin changes caused by permanent damage to the skin by the sun’s rays. Typical signs of photoaging include:
- increased dryness of the skin,
- the appearance of hyperpigmentation and vascular changes,
- rough skin pattern,
- superficial and deep wrinkles.
Confirmatory diagnosis may include dermatoscopy, biopsy and histological examination of the epidermis. To combat the flotation of the skin, cosmetic procedures such as chemical peelings, biorevitalization, plasmolifting, etc. are effective.
Important: It is necessary to protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation with the help of special creams containing Retinol.
Due to the low molecular weight of the substance, retinol can easily penetrate even into the deep layers of the epidermis through the stratum corneum and the sebaceous glands. When a sufficient concentration of retinoids is created in the skin, stimulation of cell division, strengthening of collagen and intercellular matrix fibers occurs. Retinol also regulates the processes of pigmentation and keratinization of epidermal cells.
It is noted that regardless of the age of the woman and the condition of her skin, new cells are formed without pathologies and deformities, fine wrinkles are smoothed, skin elasticity is increased. However, depending on the effect you want to get, Retinol can be combined with other ingredients to achieve the more effective results.
1. If you want to eliminate skin problems: Masks with Retinol have excellent effectiveness: they greatly accelerate the metabolic processes, due to which it is possible to get rid of various skin problems in a short time. They can be used to eliminate almost all known aesthetic skin problems.
On the cleansed skin you need to spread the solution and do not flush the mixture. If possible, it is recommended that you leave this mask overnight. If it is more convenient to do in the daytime, then you can hold the solution for 20 minutes. From acne on the face it is effective to combine retinol with oils. It is necessary to stir the blue clay in equal proportions with water, then add a part of the vitamin to the mass of ½. Apply the mask with a thick layer and keep until it freezes. You can repeat every other day.
With strong comedones or ulcers, you can make masks with aloe and vitamin A. The leaf of the plant is broken off, cut along the line of growth of thorns. The flesh is cleaned with a teaspoon. After that, it should be mixed with the ampoule of the vitamin. In severe inflammatory processes, only Retinol masks are sufficient to relieve soreness of the skin.
2. If you want to have the lifting effect: Lifting effect is provided by a remedy with raw potatoes and an egg. This mask with retinol has not only a strong cosmetic effect, but also a therapeutic one. Potatoes contribute to the tightening of collagen fibers, while the egg and retinol nourish and refresh the epidermis. Half a potato rubs on a small grater, and the mixture is added 1 egg and 1 spoon of retinol. All is thoroughly mixed and applied to the area of the chest, neck and face.
3. If you want to moisturize skin: Also for intensive moisturization, the use of retinol and honey is suitable. This natural sweetness has excellent nutritional and clarifying characteristics. Honey heats up to the liquid state, after which the vitamin interferes with it. If desired, you can also add any suitable vegetable oil. Keep the mixture on your face and neck for 20 minutes. More than one vitamin can only be added to the mixture.
4. If you want to provide skin with deep nutrition: It is recommended to buy Retinol acetate, tocopherol and vitamin B12 in the pharmacy. All these substances are mixed in equal amounts and are applied to the skin. Important is the fact that using the mixture after several hours after its preparation is inexpedient – all the vitamins have disappeared and there will be no effect. Keep the solution no more than 30 minutes.