Summer, heat, sun. Why do sports in the stuffy gym if there are wonderful summer sports that burn calories and you can enjoy doing them them even in the heat. Summer is a great period of time for dynamic sports activities in the open air. Do not give up physical exertion only because it’s hot outside, especially since early in the morning and late in the evening the air temperature is very favorable. There are a lot of sports that suit such weather. It may be difficult for you to choose what to do to bring your body in order. We will tell you what sports to do in the summer and how many calories you will burn. You’ll see, the results will pleasantly surprise you!
- Summer sport number 1: Badminton
- Summer sport number 2: Swimming
- Summer sport number 3: Running
- Summer sport number 4: Yoga
- Summer sport number 5: Volleyball
Badminton is the most famous and simple game, which you play mostly in the summer on lawns. The equipment you need to play is not expensive, but how fun and active you will spend a day, if you take it on vacation outside the city or to the coast of the sea, rivers, lakes. All that is required is a partner and windless weather. Thanks to running for a shuttlecock and constant jumps, 250 calories are burned during an hour of badminton, and all this during an easy and enjoyable game.
Which benefits for health will you get playing badminton?
- Like most types of physical activity, badminton contributes to the overall strengthening of the body and increasing resistance to various diseases.
- Badminton increases the endurance of the body.
- Like many outdoor games, it has a hardening effect.
- Badminton is useful for the cardiovascular system, helps reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart attack, stroke and hypertension.
- Has a positive effect on the respiratory system.
- Improves the vestibular apparatus.
- A variety of movements, slopes, jogs and jumps during the game, help strengthen virtually all groups of muscles and bones.
- Badminton is also useful for sight, as during the game you have to watch for a shuttlecock, which is a very good gymnastics for the eyes.
- Regular activities of badminton help to cope with excess weight. In this case, do not forget that to lose weight and maintain harmony, in addition to physical activity, you must adhere to a healthy diet.
- Badminton promotes the development of quick thinking.
- It helps relieve stress, coping with depression.
Important: In case of diseases of the cardiovascular system, respiratory organs, musculoskeletal system or other serious diseases of internal organs and systems, before starting badminton lessons, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Swimming in lakes, rivers, and especially in the sea is much more effectively support the figure than the swimming in pool. And when do you actively swim, if not in the summer? Even if you swim badly, or cannot swim at all, then do this in the armlets. This sport develops a muscular corset, makes the posture even and burns up to 500 calories per hour!
Swimming allows you to exercise without the burden on the skeleton. The body in the pool becomes lighter. If you go into the water to the waist, then you will become easier exactly twice. And plunging on the neck, you will feel only 10% of the mass of your body – the remaining 90, in the literal sense, go into the water. This means that the pool is an ideal environment for exercise, especially if you are suffering from excess weight or arthritis.
Benefits you will enjoy if choose swimming:
- Flexibility: During swimming, our joints and ligaments are in constant work: making circular rotations by hands, we train shoulder joints; movements of the legs are strengthened by the pelvic. In addition, spind gets invaluable benefits come from swimming: during training, it stretches, the vertebrae stand in place – which generally improves flexibility and mobility from the vertex and to the fingertips.
- Healthy heart: In addition to triceps and press, swimming trains another very important muscle: the heart. The aerobic load that we receive during lessons in the basin strengthens this vital organ and helps it to function smoothly: to shrink and relax. Which, in turn, leads to an improvement in blood flow throughout the body. In addition, studies have shown that swimming can combat internal inflammatory reactions that often lead to heart disease, and reduce the risk of coronary heart disease among women by 30-40%.
- Control of weight: Swimming is one of the most energy-consuming types of fitness, and therefore ideal for those who watch their weight. On average, 10 minutes of brass swimming allows to lose up to 60 calories, while on the back, the figure increases to 80, freestyle takes 100 calories from you, and butterfly – 150! Moreover, swimming in the pool for half an hour three times a week reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes in men by 10 percent. Studies conducted among women led to even more impressive results: in order to reduce the risk of the disease by 16 percent, it is enough to have one training per week.
- Fight against asthma: Due to the optimal humidity in the pool, swimming not only does not cause discomfort for asthmatics, but also helps to combat seizures. A study conducted by scientists proved that asthmatic children after six weeks of training began to turn less often for help, and many seizures did not repeat for a year or more. Even if you do not know this problem, keep in mind that swimming increases the volume of the lungs and helps you learn how to breathe properly.
- Decrease of cholesterol level:Health of the body is inextricably linked with the amount of cholesterol in our blood: the higher the level of “good” (HDL) and the lower the “bad” (LDL), the healthier we are. Swimming helps maintain a proper balance of lipoproteins and improves the condition of the blood and lymph vessels.
Important: Swimming is a meditative process, during which the sound of breathing and splashing of water help to cleanse the head of unnecessary thoughts. In addition, during activities in the body, active neurogenesis takes place and the nerve cells lost due to stress are restored.
Running is a universal sport, but it is in summer running is most effective. It is enough to run at an average pace, light, to burn as much as while running at a fast pace at another time of the year. Up to 600 kcal per hour! Probably every modern person who cares about his health, in life, tried to impart to himself such a useful habit as a morning or evening jogging. Let’s try to understand what the usefulness of running is.
Benefits for health:
- Running is the simplest and most effective physical exercise, which allows you to use almost all parts of the ligament and muscle apparatus. In addition, the joints of the human body receive a payload during running. Running increases blood circulation, oxygenates all organs and tissues. It helps to train the vascular system and prevents many heart diseases.
- Running helps to cleanse the body of harmful toxins. During the exercises, blood begins to move through the vessels with high intensity. Through the walls of the vessels it receives a lot of waste substances, which are discharged through sweat. With a slow long run, the metabolic processes of the body are normalized, and the content of cholesterol in the blood decreases.
- Running helps to get rid of excess calories. It’s not for nothing that running is considered one of the most effective ways to lose weight and is included in most programs to combat overweight.
- According to scientific research, running contributes to the development of endorphins – hormones that cause a person a sense of joy, happiness and optimism. In addition, running increases the endurance of a person, making it more workable.
- Regular running training improves the recovery functions of the body. This effect will be especially useful for people who often work on the night shift. As a result, jogging is more effective for giving cheerfulness than relaxing and even sleeping.
- Studies have shown that almost 70% of men who have started to run regularly have improved the activity of the reproductive system. In other words, running is also able to strengthen the male potency.
- The established fact that jogging has a positive effect on the nervous system. The person for whom running has become an everyday standard of life becomes less violent and more balanced, he more effectively controls his emotions and is more tolerant of stressful situations. Many people run to get rid of depression.
- It should not be forgotten that running is an excellent tool for increasing physical strength and endurance. With the help of running, the musculature of the legs, the press, the arms, the neck, and the buttocks are actively developing. The person becomes more dexterous and strong.
Important: It is proved that jogs have a positive effect on the mental abilities of a person, as they increase the level of concentration, self-control and brain activity. Running can provide invaluable help for various sleep disorders, as it has a calming effect on the emotional and psychological state of a person.
Yoga originated in hot India and is a practice where high air temperature is considered a benefit. There are even yoga classes where the heat is created specifically. Be sure to choose the nature environment: in the forest, park, or beach and perform your favorite asanas there. Due to increased thermoregulation, summer yoga can burn up to 400 calories per hour per hour.
Speaking about the benefits of yoga, the first thing to remember is the increase of flexibility. The poses that are practiced during yoga are aimed at increasing flexibility and simultaneously strengthening weak muscles. These two qualities together increase the range of motion of the joints and improve the overall muscle tone of the body. Another benefit of yoga is that it can reduce chronic pain and promote the healing of fractures and sprains. In addition, yoga can prevent re-injury of the joint. The benefit of yoga is also that it helps to maintain mobility during rehabilitation after severe injuries. Soft combination of exercise on stretching and strengthening the muscles helps to improve blood circulation, allowing the damaged tissue or parts of the body suffering from pain nutrients. Increased blood flow to the damaged areas always promotes healing and relieves pain. And when a person becomes more powerful and flexible, his coordination improves, he is automatically less injured.
Key health benefits of yoga:
- When performing exercises that affect internal mechanisms, glands and internal organs are massaged, which establishes their work and helps in recovery.
- Yoga classes allow to strengthen immunity and get rid of a number of diseases – from arthritis, infertility, headaches, lung diseases, diabetes and obesity.
- It relieves stress and depression, helps with insomnia.
- Breathing exercises ventilate the lungs, which leads to the normalization of metabolism and the complex relaxation of the body.
- Yoga improves coordination, attention and memory.
- The indisputable benefit of yoga for the body is still in its ability to increase the level of hemoglobin and the number of red blood cells in the blood, and also reduce its viscosity. It strengthens and increases the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and normalizes blood pressure. This prevents the development of diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- The benefit of practicing yoga for beauty lies in its ability to improve blood circulation. In the tissue comes more oxygen, which is good for the condition of the hair and skin, which acquires a tone, becomes more elastic and taut. Regular exercise allows you to keep youth, prevent the appearance of early wrinkles and the appearance of swelling.
- The benefit of yoga for the figure is that it helps to reduce weight and strengthen the muscles, while the body acquires flexibility and ideal proportions. There is an improvement in posture and even gait. When practicing yoga, a stable, and most importantly healthy, weight loss occurs, stagnant elements are eliminated, including cellulite. The volume of the stomach decreases, which leads to a reduction in diet.
Important: Yoga requires a special psychological and spiritual attitude, as well as understanding the ideology of the system. Otherwise, the training will perform the function of ordinary gymnastic exercises, which can lead to injuries. The risk of getting a dislocation, stretching or bruising is the main harm of yoga. This can be avoided by listening to instructor’s instructions and being careful.
Volleyball is another summer sport that allows you to lose weight during the game. It’s enough just to take the ball and go to the beach. Or join the already playing team. Running when playing volleyball will allow you to lose 300 kcal.
Health benefits of volleyball:
- Volleyball strengthens the ligaments: Stories about how people got rid of the crunch of joints, starting to engage in volleyball, is by no means a rarity. Constant jumps in volleyball give a good load on the joints and ligaments, which increases the influx of blood and nutrients to them. As a result, the ligamentous apparatus is strengthened, the joints become stronger and more mobile, the crunch disappears, unpleasant sensations and even joint pains. Volleyball develops the flexibility of the spine and can relieve the initial manifestations of osteochondrosis.
- Volleyball models the figure: Especially, this refers to beach volleyball – the difficulties of fast movement on the sand are well trained by the muscles of the legs and buttocks, the ideal condition of which is demonstrated by the athletes. Volleyball will give the necessary daily load, strengthen the muscles and save from hypodynamia.
- Volleyball trains the eyes: During volleyball, you need to monitor the ball, which is further away, then closer to the player, resulting in volleyball can be called a charge for the eyes – increased blood flow to the eye, trained eye muscles. It is good that a player has to guess the point of landing the ball in order to properly repel it.
The above-mentioned impact of volleyball also applies to the impact on the children’s body. In addition, this game teaches the necessary motor skills, brings up moral and strong-willed qualities, contributes to the correct physical and psychological development of the child.
Important: Volleyball, as well as football and basketball, is contraindicated for people with various diseases of the musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular system, and the gastrointestinal tract. If you have such ailments or other serious illnesses be sure to consult a doctor before playing volleyball.