Contrast shower is one of the kinds of tempering the body. Its point is the alternately dousing the body with hot and cold water. This method of water quenching is more effective than pouring and rubbing but it provides beginners with some discomfort. True, literally through several procedures, contrast shower is going to become your favorite water procedure. Contrast shower is incredibly useful for the body, but unfortunately with some diseases, it can be contraindicated. If you want to benefit from contrast shower, it is necessary to observe several rules, which will be discussed below.
- Thing to do number 1: Check how you can benefit from having a contrast shower
- Thing to do number 2: Check the list of contraindications for having a contrast shower
- Thing to do number 3: Find out how to take a constrast shower the right way
- Thing to do number 4: Take these safety recommendations into account
- Cleans and rejuvenates the skin. Exposure to the skin of hot water opens the pores, dilates the vessels, stimulates the excretion of toxins and toxins. Then, there is a sharp transition to cold water, affecting the nerve endings. It turns out a kind of gymnastics for the skin: under the influence of hot water pores are opened, and under the influence of cold – close. And so several times in a row.
- With regular use of a contrast shower, there is no need to use detergents, because the skin is cleaned naturally! The work of the sebaceous glands is being adjusted. The same happens with the scalp, the need for shampoos also virtually disappears.
- Strengthens the heart and blood vessels. Sharp temperature differences provide a kind of gymnastics not only to the skin but also to vessels that are forced to expand or narrow. As a result, the walls of the vessels are cleaned and strengthened.
- It is useful for the treatment and prevention of varicose veins. Due to increased blood circulation and increased venous tone, stagnant phenomena in the veins are eliminated, which are the cause of varicose veins. The use of contrasting douche in varicose has long been proven by physicians. Also, the contrast shower strengthens the vessels, which is a good prevention of varicose veins.
- Strengthens the immune system. The fact that contrasting douches activates the body’s defenses is known to everyone. The body begins to produce more white blood cells, which makes the immune system stronger.
- Improves the body’s thermoregulation.
- Helps to cope with stress. Taking a contrast shower, we strengthen the nervous system and improve the body’s ability to withstand stress.
- Enhances male Improvement of potency is achieved by improving blood circulation, strengthening the nervous system, getting rid of stagnant phenomena and general stimulating and improving effects of contrasting douches on all body functions.
- Activates all life processes and eliminates stagnant phenomena. This is due to direct exposure to the skin. In the ordinary state, blood flows quickly through large vessels, and in all other vessels it is much slower. Contrast shower significantly improves capillary blood circulation. And, thus, it activates the metabolism and all life processes.
- Invigorates and rejuvenates the body. When the heated body is doused with cold water, a sharp short-term jump in the body temperature takes place. As a result, at one moment a large number of free electrons appear, a free energy influx is created, which explains the momentary invigorating action of the contrast shower. Then, these electrons begin to neutralize the free radicals, thus stopping the aging process.
- Destroys viruses. A rapid increase in body temperature contributes to the destruction of viruses. Including those that are not yet expressed by a specific disease, but take away the strength of our body.
- Helps to normalize weight. Thanks to the activation of blood circulation and metabolic processes, as well as the reduction of stagnant phenomena, weight begins to return to normal. The same reasons help to get rid of cellulite.
- Helps to avoid muscle pain that occurs after sports training. It also helps you recover faster after injury. So many professional athletes consider a contrast shower the best remedy.
- Can alleviate the condition of patients with certain diseases: asthma, autoimmune diseases, with various inflammatory processes and with cardiovascular diseases. With vegeto-vascular dystonia contrast shower can be considered a medicine. With this disease, the contrast shower is useful precisely for the shock of changing the temperature of the water. Such a shock restores balance in the vegetative system.
Important: In addition to physiological benefits, the contrast shower affects the psychological sphere as well. It disciplines and accuses to responsibility.
Contrast shower, the benefit and harm of which has already been fully proven and justified, has its own contraindications. Check this list before taking a shower. You are forbidden to take a contrast shower if:
- You have a cold at the moment
- You have thrombophlebitis
- You suffer from heart diseases
- You have vascular diseases
- You have a hypertension
- You have menstruation
- You are pregnant
In case, you have one of the above-mentioned contraindications, you should ask your healthcare speciliast whether you can take it or not. In some cases, it may be allowed but there may be certain restrictions. It is worth knowing that a sharp flow of blood can cause dizziness. If you feel bad – stop the procedure. It is also worth giving up a contrast shower if you suffer from high blood pressure, heart disease, cold allergy, you have menstruation or thrombophlebitis.
Important: Be sure to consult a doctor before deciding on the procedures of hardening and contrast shower, as they can be harmful and even dangerous in some conditions and diseases!
There are certain rules you should follow when taking a contrast shower. They are the following:
- To begin hardening with a contrast shower, you need to be healthy and better in the warm season to quickly get used to this procedure and to winter already be seasoned.
- A contrast shower should not be taken from time to time, this procedure should be regular.
- For those who are just beginning to harden, it is necessary to gradually increase the intervals of hot and cold water, as well as the temperature difference.
- If you start hardening with a contrast shower with warm and cool water, then gradually with each procedure you need to increase the temperature difference and after a few weeks the water should be hot and cold.
- Also, beginners can use a contrast shower only for the feet, and if desired, after a while already move to the whole body. Many people make a mistake since too low water temperature changes. You need to get used gradually, eventually increasing sharp contrasts, but starting with a lukewarm and still cold water – the error of most beginners. At too low fluctuations, your body cools down, but the body’s defenses are not included. In this case, you do not temper and risk getting sick.
- Hot water should not be boiling water that causes pain, at the same time it should not be warm water, but hot.
- Cold water, it should be cold, not cool, because the body should get from this procedure is not hypothermia, and stress from a sharp temperature drop.
- Avoid having your head under a contrast shower.
- Don’t have a contrast shower before going to bed as there may be problems with falling asleep. It is better to do this when at least 1 hour passes between this procedure and sleep.The best time to take a contrast shower is the morning. But after the hardening procedure, minimum of 30 minutes must pass before you go out.
- It is very useful to take the contrast shower after physical exertion, when the body is still warmed up, the blood quickly moves through the body, the pores of the skin are open. Also, it is useful after a hard day’s work. It allows you to remove fatigue. In the morning after a sleep, the contrast shower helps to cheer up.
Step-by-step instructions on how to take a contrast shower:
- Before the hardening procedure, it is necessary to calm down
- Pour yourself with warm water
- Gradually increase the temperature to hot and sweat for 30-90 seconds
- Sharply turn on cold water, pour out for 30-90 seconds
- Alternate hot and cold water for 3-5 times
- Always finish with cold water
- Quickly rub with a hard towel until you see the light redness of the skin
When is it better to take a contrast shower?
- A contrast shower is good to take after exercise. At this moment the body is warmed up, the blood runs fast, the healing effect increases and sweat is washed. In the evening after work the contrast shower helps to relieve fatigue and forget about stress and pressure at work.
- To take a contrast shower before going to bed or not? It is up to you to decide. The contrast shower perfectly cleanses and relaxes the skin, so many people fall asleep like babies after taking a shower. Others, on the contrary, fall asleep more difficult, because the contrast shower gives a charge of vivacity that is much stronger than coffee or tea. Try and decide for yourself what suits you and your body most.
- Sometimes, a contrast shower is used in the morning to wake up more vigorously. But keep in mind that in this case, the load on the heart increases, after sleep, the heart still works for 2-3 hours in the “sleep mode”. Consult with a specialist, whether you can take a contrast shower after sleep or not.
Important: Remember that for a positive result from a contrasting shower, you need to take it on the regular basis. Even 2 times a week is not enough. It is recommended to take a contrast shower every day for a long period of time.
- Before you start using a constrast shower for health and beauty, you need to know exactly how to take a contrast shower safely. Check these tips into account:
- Ideally, the temperature difference should be a limit of 30 degrees, but go to it gradually – within 10 days.
- The temperature of the contrast shower can look as follows: hot water – 42 degrees, cold water – 15 degrees;
- The beginning and completion of the water procedure must necessarily be done with cold water;
- During 1 procedure, it is necessary to do at least 4 different temperature approaches, while the final dousing with cold water is not taken into account;
- Pouring can be done either from the shower or from a bucket. The entire procedure is performed in a standing position, ideally, if during the pouring the person will stretch and knead muscles;
- Do not use detergents while using a contrast shower, it is important to wash the body beforehand and take a contrasting douchement already in its pure form;
- After performing the water procedure, you shouldn’t dry yourself with a towel, you only need to gently blot excess moisture and allow the body to dry naturally.
- Cold and hot shower: Scheme for beginners: 1. Warm shower – wait until the body gets used to. 2. Hot shower – add hot water while it is pleasant. 3. Cold – 30 seconds. 4. Hot – 30 seconds. 5. Cold – at least a minute. 6. Hot – from 30 seconds to 1 minute. 7. Cold – as long as this cold is pleasant.
- If you have a runny nose, fever or other, even the slightest symptoms of a cold – postpone the onset of procedures until complete recovery. Otherwise, you will only exacerbate the common cold and there will be no benefit from the contrasting shower, and even vice versa.
- In the presence of any chronic diseases, before starting the use of a contrast shower, you should consult a doctor in order not to cause yourself even more harm. During the exacerbation of any of them, the first reception of this procedure cannot be carried out. The rest of the time is worth trying – the result will not keep you waiting!
Important: From the procedure the patient should receive only positive sensations, he or she must necessarily experience physical relief and pleasant sensations. In case of any manifestations of pain or discomfort, stop doing the procedures.