Each representative of the beautiful half of humanity knows that female beauty largely depends on caring for appearance. Beauty largely depends on how you care about your hair. Long curls are able to make any girl more attractive. And if they also brilliantly shine – this is an additional plus.
Lamination is called using a special coating method, the main task of which is to return the hair its former strength and energy. The composition used envelops every hair, so this procedure greatly improves their overall condition. Regularly resorting to lamination, you can provide your hair with protection from the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays and temperature differences.
To achieve a brilliant effect, many women prefer visiting salons. But what if there is no opportunity to visit a good hairdresser? In this case, lamination of hair at home can come to the rescue. This procedure may seem difficult to do, especially for those who want to do it for the first time. However, you will see that the offered method is very simple even for a beginner.
- 8 Stages of the lamination procedure at home:
- Method number 1: Gelatin lamination
- Recipes of masks on gelatin basis:
- Method number 2: Coconut milk for hair lamination
- Method number 3: Kefir for hair lamination
- Top-8 Advantages of Hair Lamination at Home
8 Stages of the lamination procedure at home:
Regardless of the method or means that are selected for the home procedure, the step-by-step technique will be the same.
- Curls are carefully combed.
- Then you need to wash your hair well – lamination is carried out exclusively on clean hair. If you do not have on hand a special shampoo from a professional kit or bought separately, designed for deep cleansing of strands, you should wash your hair 2-3 times in a row.
- After applying a small amount of balm or conditioner you should wash it off.
- The hair is dried with a towel until slightly wet. Do not use a hairdryer at this stage.
- Then the laminating agent, professional or prepared independently, is carefully applied to the hair, based on the chosen method. You should try to avoid it getting on the scalp, it can cause burning, itching, and subsequent peeling. Therefore, the hair is covered with any mixture, retreating 2-5 centimeters from the roots.
- Further, depending on the lamination method at home, either the hair is heated, or the head is simply wrapped in polyethylene (a bag, food film) and wrapped in a warm towel, scarf, and a different cloth.
- At the end of the necessary time, and it depends on the means and the method chosen, the mixture from the hair is gently washed off, trying not to pull the strands.
- Let your curls dry naturally without using a hairdryer. You can dry your hair with the help of heated towels.
Method number 1: Gelatin lamination
Laminating will return your hair a healthy shine. After the application of this method your hair will significantly increase in volume.
The advantage of gelatin lamination is its availability. It is inexpensive to buy gelatin in any grocery store, and the duration of the procedure for improving hair on its basis does not take more than an hour.
Gelatin contains collagen, which is a natural protein compound. It completely envelops the surface of each hair, forming a protective film. Due to this, your hair becomes much thicker and larger. Gelatin also perfectly moisturizes curls and nourishes it with vitality.
In order to have the desired effect, it is necessary to carry out at least three recovery procedures. It is best to practice them at a time when you wash your hair. This means that if you wash your head every other day, that is, somewhere around three times a week, then lamination of hair at home should be done just these days. And of course, if you wash your locks once a week, then the recovery procedures should be exactly the same. The effect of lamination is cumulative. Try it! And the reward to you will be silky and smooth hair with an amazing shine.
Everything you need for home gelatin lamination is:
- A pack of gelatin. You can take any, as the composition of different manufacturers is identical. And the cost of such a product doesn’t make any difference;
- Water, previously boiled and cooled to room temperature or slightly warmer;
- Your favorite hair mask. Instead, you can take the balm that you used to use;
- A plastic bag or hair cap.
Instructions how to laminate hair using gelatin:
- Prepare in advance the entire set for laminating hair, so as not to look after any of the ingredients. Boil the water and let it cool for a while;
- Take a container of glass and pour into it one tablespoon without a slide of gelatin from the pack.
- Pour all the resulting mass with water at the rate of three tablespoons of water for one gelatin tablespoon. If you have long hair, the amount of ingredients for a gelatin mask should be increased exactly three times. Mix everything very carefully. Do not be afraid that pieces of gelatin will stick to the spoon, it will easily wash off from it under warm running water. Mandatory advice: cover the container with a mixture of a plate. This will allow the gelatin not only to swell better but also will not allow it to cool down quickly;
- Leave the gelatinous mixture to swell and go to the bathroom. Now it is the time to wash your hair and apply balm on it. Do this the same way as usual. Balsam should be held on the hair for a specified time and washed off. Pat your hair with a towel. Remember that it should not be dried completely, you should leave the curls slightly moist;
- Since the moment you have prepared a mixture of gelatin, it should take about a quarter of an hour. It is important to achieve complete dissolution. If there are still lumps in the water, heat the gelatin in a water bath, stirring well with even movements;
- At this stage, you need to add about half a tablespoon of hair mask to the gelatin mush. This homemade remedy can be absolutely of any manufacturer and price category. It is important to remember that you should not add a mask to the hair laminating remedy more than it is supposed to. This is fraught with the fact that the effect cannot meet expectations. Prepared gelatinous mask should consist of a thick creamy sour cream;
- Apply the resulting composition to slightly wet hair. Try to avoid scalp. Therefore, it will be better if you retreat about a couple of centimeters from the roots;
- Wear a prepared hat made of polyethylene on your head. You can use an ordinary cellophane package for this purpose. Top your hair with a large towel. Warm your head with a hairdryer for about a quarter of an hour. In total, the duration of exposure to the gelatin mask should be forty-five minutes;
- Rinse the gelatin gruel from the head with warm water. Do not use shampoo, otherwise the effect of home lamination will be minimal. Use the recommended mask every time you wash your hair. Soon you will see that it has become softer and more beautiful.
Recipes of masks on gelatin basis:
Recipe number 1: Mask with oil thistles
- Boiled warm water;
- burdock oil.
Preparation: the powder is diluted in water, then you should add one spoon of thistle oil to the resulting composition and stir it well.
The product covers the hair, retreating from the roots about 5-6 centimeters. The mask is kept on the head for 25-30 minutes, then it is washed off.
Effect: This mask will not only add volume and shine but also accelerate the growth of curls.In a situation where the burdock oil is not available at home, it can be replaced with a conventional castor oil. The principle of preparing the mask will be the same.
Recipe number 2: Egg-gelatin mask
Preparation: To the finished gelatin mixture it is necessary to add one egg, which was pre-whipped or forked, or mixed with a mixer. The resulting mixture is well mixed and applied to the hair. Leave the mask for 30-35 minutes.
Effect: An additional advantage of this kind of lamination of hair at home is that the egg allows to retain the required result for a long time on the hair. But also the mask will help in a situation of the overdried and rigid ringlets.
Recipe number 3: Mask with lemon and egg
- lemon juice;
- Egg yolk;
- Herbal shampoo.
Preparation: a packet of gelatin powder is added to the lemon juice (about 4 tablespoons), and then a fresh yolk and a spoon of shampoo are poured into it. The mixture is thoroughly kneaded, and then heated until the gelatin is finally dissolved, but not brought to a boil. After applying the mask on the curls, it should be held for about 20 minutes and washed off in the usual way.
Effect: In addition to adding smoothness and elasticity to strands, such a mask with gelatin will relieve the fat content of the curls.
Recipe number 4: Gelatin plus essential oils
- Gelatin – 25gr
- Herbal tea from chamomile, green tea, lovage – 250ml
- Vinegar 9% – 1 tablespoon
- Burdock oil, castor oil, retinol (vitamin A) – only 1 tablespoon
- Restorative mask (the express mask that comes with the hair dye kit is suitable)
- Sour cream or mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons
Preparation: All ingredients are taken from an approximate calculation, depending on the length and thickness of the hair. You can increase or decrease their number, replace with similar ones, add others if you want. Preheat gelatin in herbal decoction until it is completely dissolved, then add all the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly until smooth. Wash hair, dry it by 75%, apply the composition, evenly spreading along the strands. Ensure that all hair is sufficiently moistened and soaked. Wrap the head with a film and a towel. It is advisable to warm up with a hairdryer for 20 minutes. It is recommended to keep it for 40 minutes. Then the hair should be rinsed well with hot water without shampoo. Dry hair as usual.
Effect: Your hair will get healthy shine after you do the mask on the regular basis.
Method number 2: Coconut milk for hair lamination
Coconut milk acts as an alternative substitute for gelatin. This ingredient is contained in all home recipes for straightening disobedient hair. Coconut contains a large number of substances called proteins. They perform a strengthening function. In addition, coconut milk provides good nutrition for your hair.
Recipe number 1
- Coconut milk – 0.5 tbsp.
- Juice of a half lime or lemon
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Potato starch or corn starch 1.5 tbsp. This component will give the consistency of the cream mass. So, the mixture will better fall on the hair.
Preparation: Mix the starch with lemon or lime juice. Put coconut milk in a clean container, add olive oil and combine with the mixture obtained earlier from starch and juice. Preheat the mixture on the stove, stirring constantly. Bring the liquid to the state of gruel. Cook until it begins to thicken. Remove the mixture from the plate when it reaches a creamy shape. After this, pour the mask into a convenient container.
Application: Wash your head and, with a towel, apply a mask for lamination. Spread it evenly over the entire length. After applying, put a cellophane shower cap on your head, if there is not one, a bag will fit, and wrap your head with a towel. Keep the mask on your head 1-1.5 hours. Then rinse the mask. Wash your hair until the remnants of olive oil are removed. Dry and comb it.
Effect: The effect of such coconut milk mask is visible immediately, even before you dry your hair. After application the hair will become elastic and dense. The remedy has a pleasant aroma of coconut milk, which remains even after washing with shampoo.
Recipe number 2
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- Ripe banana (1)
- Coconut milk – 1.5 tbsp.
- Cow milk – 1 tbsp.
Preparation: Place all the ingredients in the blender’s glass and beat them to the consistency of the smoothie. If there are small particles of a banana, strain the mass through a strainer.
Application: Note that unlike the previous version, the product is applied to dry hair and only after the procedure is washed off with shampoo. Apply this mask on dry hair. Do this on the bathroom or the sink, as the product is slippery and easily digs. Put a cellophane cap on your head, wrap your hair with a towel. Leave the mixture on your hair for about 40-50 minutes. Then wash it off with shampoo. You can also use the air conditioner. Dry your head and enjoy the result.
Effect: After applying this mask, the hair becomes light, silky and straightened.
Important: Such masks are useful and pleasant to do because they not only make your hair look better but also nourish the skin, hair follicles, improve the structure of the hair.
Method number 3: Kefir for hair lamination
Kefir lamination is a good option to consider as this product is always available. It is cheap and effective for your hair restoration. Prepare the following mask for hair lamination at home.
- 4 tablespoons of kefir
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil;
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
Preparation: Lamination of hair at home with kefir is prepared in this way: you need to take castor oil (1 tablespoon), 4 tablespoons kefir, egg and mayonnaise (2 tablespoons). All substances are mixed and applied to the entire length of the hair, from the roots to the tips.
Application: Keep the mixture for at least 30 minutes and rinse the hair with water. After wash with shampoo, you can repeat the procedure twice.
Effect: The lamination procedure with kefir helps to restore damaged and dry hair, restore its beautiful appearance, and add splendor and brilliance.
Important: During the preparation of the mask for the lamination of hair, all components must be thoroughly mixed to obtain a uniform consistency. If at the moment there is no kefir at home, it can be replaced with liquid natural yoghurt.
Top-8 Advantages of Hair Lamination at Home
Lamination of hair at home has a lot its advantages:
- Hair gets a special density, especially if initially your head of hair did not have bulkiness;
- There is a healthy shine and extraordinary smoothness and softness;
- Seeding ends are quickly restored;
- You can forget about the electrification of hair;
- When laminating hair structure thickens and it straightens;
- The procedure is absolutely safe. Hence, it can be used by all women;
- Particularly pleasing is the fact that such hair lamination can be used by future mothers at any time of pregnancy;
- Doing this procedure at home, you save money that could be spent on visiting the beauty salon.
Useful tips or how to do homemade hair lamination correctly
Here you will find useful recommendations how to perform hair lamination at home in the right way:
- Gelatin mask can be made at least once a week;
- Try not to rub the laminator into the scalp to avoid itching and flaking;
- Gelatine should not be boiled during warming in a water bath;
- Make sure that gelatin is dissolved completely. Do not apply to the hair gruel, which contains lumps, otherwise it will be very difficult to comb your hair afterwards;
- If the effect of lamination is not visible after 3 procedures, then the reason for the weakening of your hair is inside the body and you should consult your healthcare specialist.