Spices and seasonings not only give the dish a sharp flavor but many of them have healing properties. For example turmeric is widely known type of ginger. Turmeric is a plant which is the dried root providing tasty and useful spice. In the wild it is found in India and it is grown in countries such as Cambodia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, China, Japan as well as on the islands of Haiti and Madagascar.
Turmeric belongs to the natural antibiotics as a strong antibacterial agent the use of which does not have a devastating damage on the liver and does not impair the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Moreover well-known fact is that use of this plant normalizes digestion and activates the growth of beneficial intestinal micro flora. We will investigate which health problems can be solved with the help of this miraculous root.
- The first health problem: Digestion and diarrhea
- The second health problem: Flu and cold
- The third health problem: Wounds and burns
- The fourth health problem: Swelling and hematomas
- The fifth health problem: Diabetes
- The sixth health problem: Cancer
- The seventh health problem: Vitiligo
The first health problem: Digestion and diarrhea
Diseases of the stomach and digestive tract are annoying and sometimes are bothering us for many years. Medical treatment is an option but sometimes it is not absorbed by the stomach or is not working for some other reasons. Turmeric is known for its beneficial effect on the digestive processes and activities of the intestinal flora as well as a home remedy which helps in a healthy way to get rid of diarrhea and flatulence.
Simple turmeric drink
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix the powder in the cup with 200 ml of water.
- Dissolve the turmeric powder nicely.
- Drink half of the glass before every meal.
It is believed that turmeric cope with many diseases much better than antibiotics. Unfortunately antibiotics in addition to curing disease have a number of side effects, such as deterioration of the condition of the gastrointestinal tract, liver destruction and whole list of others. Turmeric is also extremely effective in the fight against side effects of antibiotics. It reduces inflammation, detoxification and has choleric effect also is considered as a quite powerful antioxidant.
Important: But those who are exposed to ulcerative disease or gastritis should not consume the spice a lot.
The second health problem: Flu and cold
Turmeric is actively used for curing colds. This incredible spice can help in case of almost all kinds of cold. If person is experiencing sore throat and cough the turmeric is mixed in the warm milk and is used as a treatment. Sometimes this simplest treatment works million times better than all kinds of prescription medicines you can buy in the pharmacy.
Turmeric treatment from pharyngitis
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder should be mix with a teaspoon of honey.
- Make sure that both honey and turmeric are fresh and natural.
- Three times a day keep the mixture in your mouth for few minutes.
- Do not swallow the mixture.
- In order for the treatment to show all the beneficial properties repeat the procedure for few days.
Very effective is the recipe for nasal rinsing. This remedy is used in case of rhinitis, sinusitis and similar problems.
Nasal rinsing recipe
- Half tea spoon of the turmeric powder is used per 400 grams of water.
- It is better to use clear water and it should be of a room temperature.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt in the warm water.
- With the help of both turmeric and salt this treatment is disinfecting nose and moves mucus.
In this way we are using this spice as an antiseptic. This can be also helpful when you are rinsing the throat. Half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of sea salt per 1 glass of water will relieve pain and disinfect your throat. This treatment can also help with gingivitis.
To prevent respiratory infections and colds this spice is used as well. Rinsing with the same recipe but water is taken of slightly below body temperature.
Important: Everything should be consumed in the proper amount. Note that daily rate of safe consumption of the spice is not more than 5 grams.
The third health problem: Wounds and burns
Not everyone knows that but this incredible spice can heal wounds and stop bleeding. In case of cuts we can use turmeric as antiseptic. For the progress in healing cuts we should wash the wound and sprinkle it with the turmeric powder. This procedure will stop the bleeding quite impressive and even will speed up the wound healing process. Like the bleeding of wounds this spice can as well help with internal bleedings. For this purpose it is sometimes mixed with saffron or consumed on its own.
Remedy for burns
- For the preparation of the curing paste we will need turmeric and aloe.
- Fresh aloe juice should be mixed with spice and implemented on the burn.
- Make sure that your skin is not allergic to aloe before implementing this remedy.
- Burns are cured few times better and quicker with this recipe.
- Paste should be thick.
- This simple remedy relieves pain, disinfects and most important heals.
Simple paste of water and turmeric is applied on the skin in case of eczema, itching (externally) or even pimples.
Important: If you have just decided to start the use of turmeric, start with a small dosage, such as a quarter of teaspoon. Give your body some time to adjust.
The fourth health problem: Swelling and hematomas
This miraculous spice is used almost for all types of skin diseases. This unique ingredient promotes exchange of beneficial elements in the body.
Remedy against swelling
- This annoying swelling and bruising as well as hematomas can be cured with the help of turmeric paste.
- The recipe is the simplest: we mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder with boiled water and a pinch of salt.
- The paste is applied on the affected area.
- The paste is covered with the gauze and is staying on the swollen skin area until it will dry.
- The same paste is used for herpes, infectious eczema and other skin diseases caused by
It is also known that some skin problems can be solved by consuming the spice on the regular basis in the meals.
Important: The spice increases the tone of the uterus that is why it not recommended to be consumed during pregnancy. As a strong allergen turmeric is able to provoke a diathesis and a rash on the skin of the future baby.
The fifth health problem: Diabetes
Turmeric is highly recommended for those who are struggling from diabetes or obesity. Besides the fact that it is used for weight loss purposes and is added to diet drinks it also normalizes metabolism, cleanses the body from cholesterol and is an incredible preventive remedy for obesity and diabetes. Properties of this spice are very similar to the properties of ginger. Sometimes it is even called yellow ginger. The biggest fans of this spice are of course women, especially those trying to lose weight.
Drink forweight loss
- Boil 500 ml of water.
- Add 4 tablespoons of ordinary black tea. Do not use tea with additives or green tea.
- Cinnamon should be added in small amount (just on the tip of the teaspoon).
- Add 4 slices of ginger and 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder.
- In order to taste good we add extra minerals benefits by adding 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Wait till mixture will cool and add 500 ml of yogurt (with no additives).
- Consume the drink once a day instead of breakfast or dinner.
There are several recipes with yellow ginger for weight loss. All of these recipes are quite easy to prepare. A more simple way of cooking for weight loss is of course available.
Drink against obesity
- 1 and a half tablespoon of turmeric powder should be poured with a half cup of boiling water.
- Add to this liquid a glass of not boiled milk.
- You can put some honey to improve the taste.
- Such a lovely cocktail should be consumed before bedtime.
Elements of the turmeric prevent the formation of fatty tissue. This plant has been used successfully to reduce the significant weight loss and rapid treatment of obesity. This effect is achieved due to the fact that turmeric improves metabolism. It should be noted that adding of turmeric into the diet helps to burn more calories and is additionally removing excess water from the human body, improving blood circulation and all this helps to lose the weight.
Important: Due to the strong influence of this product doctors do not recommend consuming the spice along with medicines. Otherwise, the overall picture is not clear.
The sixth health problem: Cancer
It is scientifically proven that turmeric is effective in fighting cancer and that it is a powerful antioxidant. Thus, people who consume large amounts of food seasoned with curry are less vulnerable to cancer. Clinical testing which lasted 8 weeks showed that the use of turmeric may be useful for patients with a severe form of pancreatic cancer.
Researchers found out that one of the elements of turmeric is capable up to 58% to slow the growth of cancerous tumors. The highest efficiency is found against breast cancer, prostate and pancreas cancer. In recent years, scientists have increasingly questioned why the East has much less patients with blood cancer. Could it be that there is something in the diet of people consuming turmeric? The studies revealed that this spice inhibits the growth of leukemia infected cells, and also protects body against damage caused by cigarette smoke.
Important: This spice is known more as a mean of preventing the cancer than curing it. So if you want to avoid this awful disease include this spice into your everyday diet.
The seventh health problem: Vitiligo
This one of the most important medicinal ingredients in traditional Indian medicine is used all over the world. It has strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities. This is a very delicate stimulant of immune system. Also it is often used on wounds to prevent all kinds of bacterial infections. Mustard oil is also very useful for home treatment of many skin diseases as well as this one. A daily full body massage with mustard oil provides strong immunity.
Simple recipe with mustard oil
- Five teaspoons of turmeric powder mix with a glass of mustard oil.
- Apply the mixture on the white areas of the skin.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day.
- Continue this simple treatment on a regular basis for about one year.
In order to see first results we need to wait sometimes several months. The combination of turmeric and mustard oil has beneficial effect on the white vitiligo spots. Such spots will begin to decrease and eventually disappear. This is a very safe and most important natural remedy.
Important: Store this spice in a glass or ceramic jar with a tight-fitting cover, preferably in a dark place. If it is stored properly it can be preserved for 2 years.