The Chinese science of Feng Shui allows not only to properly organize the interior and space around it, its large section is devoted to nutrition. Feng Shui allows you to properly divide all products into groups and determine your own type of element. This food is not only useful but also delicious. There are also special recipes that allow solve problems with excess weight and thyroid gland.
Food is energy, like any energy flow, according to Feng Shui, it goes through a cycle of transformation. Everything that we eat grows from the soil or feeds on what it gives, the food is filled with the energy of the Earth. Everything that the Earth gives is watered by Water. In addition, with the energy of Water, all the processes of transportation and delivery of products to your home are connected. By the energy of the metal, the food is charged in the process of cooking (slicing, tapping, straining, mixing, etc.). In the process of cooking, Fire transforms food, charging it with new, stronger, active life energy. The energy of the Tree is the energy of growth and development, which literally fills you with the life force in the process of eating.
All these five elements must be presented in a harmonious equilibrium and in the energy center of your house – in the kitchen and in culinary dishes. After all, if you cook food in conditions of energy imbalance or without taking into account its and your ‘spontaneous’ qualities, it will turn out to be of poor quality as masters of Feng Shui say.
- How to calculate your element using Feng Shui Formula?
- Element number 1: Wood
- Element number 2: Earth
- Element number 3: Fire
- Element number 4: Metal
- Element number 5: Water
- Top-10 Feng Shui Gastronomic Tips
How to calculate your element using Feng Shui Formula?
To properly make a diet following the recommendations of Feng Shui, you must first find out your own kind of element. Chinese medicine allows you to do this by the year of birth. The formula for calculating the elements is as follows:
- For women is the number of Gua is defined as follows: 2 last digits of the year must be added, add 4, after which the value obtained is divided by 9. The integer that was obtained is the definition of the element;
- For men, another method is used: the last two numbers of the year are added, then the resulting value must be subtracted from 100 and the remainder divided into 9. The remainder is the number of Gua.
The spontaneous number obtained by using formulas is defined thus:
1 – the element of Water;
2, 5, 8 – Earth;
3, 4 – Wood;
6, 7 – Metal;
9 – Fire.
Feng Shui diet is a complex system that is quite simple, but effective and helps to find harmony with your own organism, prolonging youth and health for many years.
Element number 1: Wood
People of Wood element have lean physique, thin bones. They need to constantly be in motion for a full life, therefore, their food should be “vigorous”, but at the same time easy.
Most preferable products for people of Wood:
- Cereals: barley, corn, millet, buckwheat, rye, oats.
- Dairy products: all avoid.
- Vegetable oils: avoid all.
- Fruits and berries: dried fruits, apples, pears, pomegranates, cranberries.
- Vegetables: use vegetables in raw form – cabbage, potatoes, peas, lettuce, spinach, parsley, celery, beans and black olives.
- Nuts: Avoid.
- Spices: ginger, saffron in a minimal amount.
- Animal products: fat-free beef, pork, rabbit.
- Soups: pea soup.
- Sweetening products: avoid.
Recipe number 1: Sea kale
If you follow the rules of Feng Shui, then you can use cooked food as a great tool for losing weight. Excess weight will go smoothly, without causing the body any harm. To prepare a tasty and healthy dish, the following ingredients must be prepared:
- Fresh green peas- 100 g;
- Sea kale – 100 g;
- Clean water – 1 glass.
All ingredients are mixed, watered, and then cooked on low heat for 5 minutes. The duration of the diet is 2 weeks. This is enough to make the weight come back to normal. If, together with excess weight, there are disturbances in the functioning of the circulatory system, the thyroid gland, use:
- Sea kale – 200 g;
- Clean water – 1 glass.
Cabbage is cooked for 5 minutes, there is only a freshly prepared portion. The course of treatment with such a meal is 1 week, in a day you need to eat 2 portions.
Recipe number 2: Rice with green vegetables
- Green beans – 60 g;
- Rice – 30 g;
- Sea kale – 30 g;
- Unrefined sugar – 60 g;
- Cinnamon – 6 g;
- Clean water – 1 glass.
All the ingredients are mixed, then poured in water, cooked for 7 minutes on low heat. The dish is taken once a day for 2 weeks.
Important: Spices can be added only in the minimum amount, the best is saffron and ginger but others are also can be taken if not much.
Element number 2: Earth
People who belong to this element are lucky to have richer ration than others. After all, such people are allowed to include in their diet alsmost absolutely all products, regardless of their color and taste. But there is one condition – to eat food in raw form and in a moderate amount. It is also important to drink plenty of fluids – at least 1.5 liters per day. As a dressing for salads, it is recommended to choose olive oil. However, there is still a list of those foods that are better for Earth people. Check out below.
The most preferred products for people of the Earth:
- Cereals: corn, millet, rye, dark rice.
- Dairy products: sour-milk products, cheese, buttermilk, sour cream.
- Vegetable oils: almond, sesame, corn and olive oil.
- Fruits and berries: grapefruit, sour oranges, quince, sea buckthorn, lemons, cotoneaster and others with a sour taste.
- Vegetables: radish, tomatoes, beets, onions, garlic (toasted onions have opposite properties).
- Spices: ginger, cumin, cloves, salt, celery seed and mustard, black pepper, red pepper.
- Nuts: cashew, peanuts.
- Animal food: beef, egg yolk, butter and red meat, lamb, fish, seafood.
- Soups: nettle soup, radish soup.
- Sweetening products: honey, black treacle.
Recipe number 1: Nettle soup with egg and sour cream
- Nettle – 400 gr.
- potatoes – 3-4
- eggs – 3
- sour cream
Young nettle contains many vitamins and trace elements, necessary for the body.
Preparation: Peel the potatoes, rinse the potatoes and put nettle into the boiling water for a minute. Dip the nettle into boiling water for one minute. Cool and separate the leaves from the stems. Chop the leaves of the nettle. Grind leaves of nettles and cut potatoes. Peel potatoes, rinse and cut into strips or cubes. Dip the potato cubes into boiling water (or broth) and cook until half cooked. Pour the
leaves of the nettle into the pan. Salt, pepper can be added to taste. Continue to cook until the potatoes are ready. Remove from the plate and let the soup brew for 5-10 minutes. Cook the potatoes until half cooked. Add the nettle to the soup to the boiled eggs after they have been cooled, peeled and cut into slices. Pour the nettle soup over the plates, add sour cream and eggs.
Recipe number 2: Vegetable salad
- Garlic ( to your taste)
Preparation: peel all vegetables and cut them, then just mix all the ingredients and add garlic if you like it.
Important: Those who are not vegetarians should give preference to dietary rabbit or turkey meat.
Element number 3: Fire
Fire is the element of strong, emotional, energetic people. They have a strong body and active circulation. They should receive a lot of energy from food, because they spend much energy.
The most preferred products for Fire people:
- Cereals: wheat, wheat germ, oats, barley, white rice.
- Dairy products: milk, butter, butter, melted.
- Vegetable oils: olive and sunflower.
- Fruit: sweet fruit, soaked dried fruits and compote of them, melon, watermelon.
- Vegetables: pumpkin, cucumbers, potatoes, cabbage, lettuce, beans, parsley – root and greens.
- Spices: coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, dill.
- Animal food: chicken, turkey, egg white. Use in a cooled form.
- Sweetening products: everything except honey and black molasses.
Recommended diet for people of Fire element must include cereals, vegetable and butter, wheat sprouts, legumes, egg white, cold meat of birds, sweet vegetables, milk, melons and watermelons as often as it is possible.
Recipe number 1: Rice porridge with milk
- Round-grained rice – 1 glass;
- Water – 0,5 liters;
- Milk – 0.5 liters;
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons;
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoons;
- Butter – 1 teaspoon per serving.
Preparation: Rice rinse well in cold water. In a saucepan pour cold water and pour out there washed rice. As the boil, reduce the heat to a small and boil the porridge until all the water is absorbed into the croup. Rice should be stirred occasionally, because otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan. Boil milk and pour into the porridge, when the water is all evaporated-absorbed. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat again. Salt and add sugar. Cook stirring, until the rice is ready. Readiness of rice porridge is determined by the teeth: the rice is soft, it means – it is ready.
Recipe number 2: Salad from pumpkin and apples
- Pumpkin – 600g
- Apples – 4-5 pieces.
- Lemon – 1-2 pcs.
Preparation: To make a salad of pumpkin and apples you need to do the following. Raw pumpkin and apples should be cut into thin strips or rubbed on a large grater, add zest and lemon juice. All ingredients are mixed and sprinkled with ground nuts.
Important: As for the spices you can add fennel, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, from greens – only dill.
Element number 4: Metal
People of Metal are usually weak-energy and fragile in build. They need food, which gives Yan the active energy. The diet must obligatory contain dairy products, cereals, vegetable oils, nuts, sweet fruits, cooked vegetables, jams, sugar.
Most preferred products for Metal people:
- Cereals: rice, wheat, sprouted wheat, cooked in the form of bread or soup, flax in grains.
- Dairy products: all dairy products.
- Vegetable oils: all kinds.
- Fruit: all sweet fruit, melon, watermelon.
- Vegetables (subject to weak heat treatment – quenching, intermission method): beets, carrots, asparagus, young potatoes, cucumbers, braised onions, dandelion, lettuce.
- Nuts: all kinds.
- Spices: onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom, cumin, salt, cloves, mustard seeds.
- Food of animal origin: goose, duck, fish, crayfish, horse meat, chicken meat, lamb, eggs, seafood.
- Soups: soup from sprouted wheat, nettle soup, garlic soup, meat broth (in rare cases).
- Sweetening products: honey, black treacle, cane sugar, natural syrups and jams.
Recipe 1: Potatoes with honey
- Honey – 10g;
- Boiled potatoes – 250 g.
Potatoes must be cooled and cleaned, then gently knead. The resulting mass is mixed with honey. Take a dish every day before the first meal. The course is 2 weeks. This recipe is especially useful to stimulate digestion.
Recipe 2: Rice with cabbage and honey
To stimulate digestion, you can use another recipe, you will need to prepare it:
- Cabbage – 500 g;
- Honey – 10 g;
- Rice – 50 g.
Rice is cooked until ready, after which crushed cabbage is added to it, the mixture is cooked for 5 minutes. The dish is divided into 2 portions, it should be taken 2 times a day: in the mornings and in the evening. The course is 2 weeks.
Important: By consuming sweet rich in energy food people of Metal will be able to stay active for the whole day.
Element number 5: Water
People of Water have a complete “friable” physique. Their internal energy is rather weak and quickly disappears from the body. They need more liquid food in the diet than representatives of other elements. Also in the diet should be more salt, which delays the water in the body. But you should not abuse it, otherwise there will be swelling.
Most preferred products for Water people:
- Cereals: barley, corn, millet, buckwheat, rye, oats.
- Dairy products: low-fat milk, fresh butter, whey cheese.
- Vegetable oils: olive oil.
- Fruits and berries: apples, pears, pomegranates, cranberries, grapes, persimmon, quince, sea-buckthorn; all dried fruits.
- Vegetables: radish, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, onions, eggplant, green vegetables, lettuce, pumpkin, celery, spinach, parsley, beans, peas.
- Spices: all spices except salt.
- Animal food: chicken, lamb, eggs, sausage (all kinds of meat and sausage should be fat-free).
- Sweetening products: honey.
The ration must necessarily include cereals (millet, corn, buckwheat, barley). Dairy products are banned, although it is sometimes allowed to dilute the diet with fresh butter, low-fat milk, cheese whey. It is advisable to add pears, dried fruits, sea buckthorn, persimmon, quince, apples, grapes. All spices can be consumed but those that don’t contain salt. Vegetables are allowed only such as cabbage, root vegetables, legumes, pumpkin, greens, from food of animal origin – lean lamb, eggs, chicken meat. From sweets you can treat yourself only to honey.
Recipe number 1: Salad from pumpkin and honey
- Pumpkin – 200g
- Melon – 200g
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
To make a salad of pumpkin and melon with honey it is necessary to grate pumpkin on a large grater, cut melon into thin slices. For filling, add lemon juice, and mix with honey.
Recipe number 2: Chicken soup
- Chicken- 200 g
- Rice – 2 tbsp.
- Potatoes – 2
- Tomato sauce- 2 tbsp.
- Bay leaves
- Peppercorns 5 pcs.
Preparation: First cook a light chicken broth. When cooking, add peppercorns and the whole bulb. Cut onions, celery and carrots and put them on the frying pan for a minute. A little later, add the tomato paste. Put potatoes in a broth diced and cook rice, add potatoes. Add the slightly roast vegetables into the soup and cook until the potatoes and rice are ready.
Important: People who belong to the element of Water are recommended to have liquid food in their everyday ration.
Top-10 Feng Shui Gastronomic Tips
- Take food in a restful state in a sitting position. In the dining room or in the kitchen, it is recommended to have a round or octagonal table, so that there are no sharp corners that destroy the positive energy.
- The ideal color of plates for those who want to lose weight – black and all dark shades. Such a color scheme gives a quick saturation even in the smallest portions of dishes.
- The bright design of the kitchen stimulates the feeling of hunger, and the muted pastel shades, on the contrary, weaken the desire to have a bite.
- During the day, drink as much liquid as possible – ordinary still water. Green tea without sugar is also useful. It is enough to drink no more than two cups of tea per day, so that there are no problems with the cardiovascular system.
- It is advisable to consume natural foods, and to discard products that contain chemical dyes.
- Vegetables should be included in the diet only those that correspond to the season. If possible, it is also recommended to choose only those species that grow directly near the place of residence.
- Be sure to eat sprouted seeds of cereals, because they contain a large number of B vitamins, which help to remove excess fluid and prevent its retention in the body.
- Doctors of Chinese medicine who specialize in creating the right food system, are sure that eating porridge in the morning is the most beneficial breakfast for the body. It is this simple and low-calorie dish that can charge positive energy for the whole day. But in order for the porridge to be of use, it is necessary to prepare it in a special way, taking into account the peculiarities of 5 Elements of Feng Shui.
- It is recommended to have breakfast from 7 to 9 am. It is at this time that the stomach “wakes up” and needs food.
- In no event can you eat food from utensils with flaws! Scales, cracks and other damages disrupt the flow of positive energy, thus it does not bring any benefit to the health even being properly cooked and tasty.