Masks in comparison to the creams are providing better care for every skin type. With the help of mask we provide skin with not just oxygen but also vitamins, moisturizers, nutrients and minerals. Implementing masks is always a pleasure and a spa moment for us. Different type of mask can help to moisturize our skin or get rid of ache, prevent aging of our skin or provide soft and caring support to our face.
Homemade masks are the best as they provide the perfect result without any risk for health or skin. It is highly recommended that all cosmetics should be removed and additionally deeper cleansing should be performed using foam, lotion, scrub or other means to eliminate barriers preventing the nutrients of mask to go deeper into the layers of epidermis.
- The first type: For aging skin
- The second type: for skin with acne
- The third type: For dry skin
- The fourth type: For extremely dry skin
- The fifth type: For normal skin
Wrinkles appear on our skin as a rule after the age of 30 or sometimes even earlier if our skin fails in repairing itself. Over time our body is exhausted and it is gradually losing the ability of regeneration of damaged skin. When we notice that skin is getting older and loses its elasticity we are forced to start some actions and get rid of wrinkles.
Mashed potato facial mask against aging
This potato mask is a great remedy against wrinkles. Potato mask can be even implemented as a preventing measure.
- Boil one potato (better one large potato) in skins. Take skins off the boiled potato and smash it.
- Take 1 tablespoon of usual sour cream and just 1 tablespoon of simple milk and mix them with 2 tablespoons of potatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of any kind of vegetable oil (better take olive oil for this purpose) and 1 teaspoon of glycerol (which can be easily found in almost every pharmacy).
- Mix properly all the ingredients and apply as a mask for 15-20 minutes.
Potato mask can be implemented on our beautiful face and neck. The mask should be always rinsed off with cold or slightly warm water.
Facial mask with grapefruit juice against aging
Grapefruit is widely used in many beauty remedies and in the beauty and cosmetics industry as it is full of nutrition needed for our skin.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh grapefruit juice and 2 tablespoons of milk which is quite fat and 1 tablespoon of the rice flour should be mixed in the glass bowl with wooden stick.
- We apply mask on our face for 15 minutes and always wash it afterwards off.
- After the procedure put some simple moisturizing cream.
The best way to put homemade masks on the face is using of wooden sticks. They are available in every beauty shop.
Banana mask against wrinkles on the face
Banana is excellent ingredient and is used for a while in the homemade remedies against wrinkles. The texture of this fruit is perfect for our skin type.
- We will need just half of the medium banana (not green banana).
- Add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of cream (you can use very fat milk instead).
- Mix banana, oatmeal and cream until you will get perfect creamy composition. Use fork, spoon or blender for mixing.
- Apply mask and let it stay on the skin for at least 10-15 minutes.
Ingredients of the mask are quite sticky and it can be a challenge to rinse the skin without the soap but you should try hard. Soap is not recommended to be used at this moment.
Grape juice homemade face mask for older skin
This grape juice remedy is simple but very refreshing solution for making moment of spa for you.
- Take half of the cup of fat milk and the same amount of grape juice. Mix them properly.
- No additives and no sugar should be in the juice. We need only natural grape juice.
- Take few fabric pieces or pieces of gauze and soak them in the juice and milk.
- Place wet pieces of fabric pieces on our face and neck for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with the cold water and cover the skin with some face cream as a moisturizer afterwards.
Skin is reacting so well that wrinkles are disappearing. This remedy is also recommended to be used as a prevention of skin aging.
Advice: The best timing recommended for such facial procedures is evening before going to bed as throughout the night skin have time to calm down and rest.
Homemade masks for acne skin should be implemented with extreme caution in order to prevent the spreading of possible infection and inflammation. Masks against acne are providing us a list of great effects on the skin. Homemade face mask for acne skin is capable of healing the skin together with providing anti-aging effect, matting, elimination of shining effect, making pores look smaller and eliminating black spots. Such masks can be implemented on the daily basis.
Facial mask with lemon and egg against acne
This mask cleanses problematic and oily skin, makes pores smaller, helps with black spots and dries inflammation. Additionally the mask can solve problem with skin pigmentation (it lightens pigmented spots).
- Take 1 egg white and freshly squeezed 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Egg white we mix slowly with the mixer. Lemon juice we are adding gradually while we are mixing the egg white.
- The mask is ready to be implemented as soon as all the ingredients are well mixed.
- The mask should be implemented with the brush on the skin in layers.
- The total amount of mask layers usually is around 3-4. When the last layer dries we should wash off everything with the warm water.
Healthy diet and healthy lifestyle are always recommended for the acne skin. They together with masks are perfect combination.
Cucumber and baking soda face mask against the acne
This mask is perfectly matting greasy skin and if implemented regularly helps to eliminate acne pimples and rashes.
- We will need just two ingredients for this great remedy: 1 cucumber and half of teaspoon of baking soda.
- Grind fresh cucumber with the skins. Add baking soda to the grinded cucumber and immediately implement it on the face.
- In 20 minutes mask we remove with the warm water.
- Cucumber mask (all masks which contain cucumbers) are very important to be used immediately (no waiting; not even for a 5 minutes) as the pause is making effect close to absent.
During the procedures such as facial masks it is very much recommended to find a comfortable position. If you can ask someone to assist you it would be perfect. In such a way you will have some rest and enjoy facial procedure.
Homemade face mask with blue or black clay against acne
Mask regulates the level of sebum in the skin, reduces inflammation, dries pimples and makes skin extremely velvety and nice when you touch it. It also supplies the skin with essential minerals and nutrients.
- Ingredients are simple but some of them we need to buy in the pharmacy.
- We will need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice and 2 table spoons of blue or black clay (can be bought it in almost every pharmacy or beauty shop).
- Mix all ingredients together using the wooden stick. Put the mask on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- When the mask will get dry you should carefully wash it off with the water.
This remedy is great in fact for very young skin (starting from 18) but it is not recommended for everyday use. Use it as a weekend remedy for the acne skin.
Advice: If you have allergy to eggs than skip the mask with eggs. Before applying any mask you should test the composition on the elbow. In case no reaction is appearing on the elbow for 2 hours the mask is good to be used for face.
Dry skin is obviously easier to handle than acne skin but more challengeable than normal skin type. Unfortunately without proper care dry skin is much easier to lead to earlier appearance of aging processes such as wrinkles because of lack of moisture. That is why masks for dry skin always contain large amount of moisturizing ingredients.
Avocado and honey face mask for dry skin
Avocado oil is nourishing the skin with nutrients, moisture, removes itching. Honey is removing irritation and gives needed for dry skin nutrients.
- Only three ingredients are used in this mask: avocado, fresh honey and almond oil. The almond oil can be easily found in the pharmacy.
- Proportions are as follows: half of the avocado (without skins), 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Mask can be implemented by hand or with the help of spoon.
Course of 8 such masks is recommended. Mask should be working on the face for 15 minutes. Carefully wash the face after this pleasant procedure.
Facial mask with egg for dry skin
Egg yolk is perfect for skin, especially for dry one. Don’t be lazy and go to the market to buy real eggs from home chickens. This product contains incredible elements which are helping dry skin to obtain healthy and beautiful look.
- The easiest mask with the egg yolk contains just one ingredient which is egg yolk. You just implement it on the face for 15 minutes and later rinse it with water.
- More complex recipe contains 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of honey (fresh and homemade honey is always better than that one from the supermarket shelf).
- Adding of honey is increasing the amount of vitamins and nutrients which will be soaked by skin.
This mask can be repeated every three days. Mask should stay on the face until it will get hard and will obtain light brown color.
Advice: After yolk you can notice smell from your skin or hands. Just wash skin properly and use some cream for the skin to get rid of smell.
Sometimes skin is dry during winter or after some cosmetics. In this case we can notice that skin is even drier than ever before. We can solve even such situation with homemade face masks for extremely dry skin.
Homemade mask for irritated and extremely dry skin:
This mask is recommended for the cases when skin is very irritated. Usually it happens during cold windy weather; during the winter or when we forgot to use a cream for our gentle dry skin.
- For the preparation of this mask we will need just two simple ingredients: cucumber and homemade yogurt (you can buy one on the market, make on your own or find one without any harmful ingredients in the shop).
- Take half of the cucumber and grate it. Mix grated cucumber with the cup of natural yogurt (without sugar).
- Implement the mixture on the skin of your face and neck and lay down for 15-20 minutes.
- Mask should stay static without any movements (no smiles or talking during the procedure).
After the mentioned time wash the face and apply moisturizer for the skin. In fact, having the dry skin means you should everyday use moisturizer for the skin before going out.
Advice: It is always a risk of playing too much with moisturizing the skin and even changing your skin type to oilier one. Be careful and stay away from cosmetics from pharmacies which promise us to solve everything. Usually those cosmetics are just full of chemicals, aromas and ingredients which just stuck in the pores.
Interesting fact is that normal skin type is quite rare nowadays. This type of skin is very soft, elastic, without wrinkles and visible pores with a pleasant pink color. Even thou this particular skin is great it still need proper care and there are several homemade masks we can use for the normal skin.
Watermelon mask for face with normal skin
We all love eating fresh watermelon during the summer. We can easily use this fruit for moisturizing, refreshing the skin and providing it with the healthy look.
- Take from watermelon fresh red part and smash it with the fork.
- Implement the watermelon on the face in a thin layer.
- Cover it with the towel so it will not run off the face.
- Enjoy the mask for approximately 10-15 minutes and wash it off.
- It can be challenge to wash watermelon properly as it is very sweet. Make an effort and make sure you haven’t missed few parts or slices.
It is recommended to implement face cream immediately after the procedure. As the watermelon is so waterish it will be better if someone will be assisting you during the procedure otherwise you can make quite a mess.
Apple face mask for normal skin
Incredible fact is that apple is rich in vitamins (A, B and C) and all of them are absorbed by our skin during this homemade remedy.
- Take an apple and grate it on the grater with skins.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fat sour cream.
- Mix everything with the help of wooden stick and implement it on the clean face and neck.
- Leave the apple mixture on the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with the cold water making sure that all the particles of the mask are properly washed off.
The only important thing you need always to remember about your skin is that you should support it during harsh weather conditions. Provide needed help during sunny days and appropriate help during cold winter weather.
Advice: Normal skin type without proper care can end up becoming dry skin in case you will not provide any needed vitamins and moisturizing