Body stretch marks do not cause discomfort, do not cause unpleasant sensations and do not cause pain. The main harm that striae causes is aesthetic changes in the appearance of the skin. The appearance of stretch marks can be a real tragedy for women, who treat their body with special care. After all, female beauty always strives for perfection. In this case, the removal of stretch marks requires a lot of patience and the use of special procedures.
The most common causes of stretch marks are hormonal disorders of the body, sudden weight changes, pregnancy, breastfeeding, too active sports, etc. In addition, stretch marks can be explained by the low hereditary content of elastic fibers in the skin. The mechanism of the appearance of stretch marks is quite simple – excessive stretching of the skin leads to the fact that the epithelial cells do not have time to repair the missing cell mass, because of which the skin becomes thin, and, as a result, it tears. If you want to remove body stretch marks quickly and effectively, check the best methods presented below.
- Method number 1: The Proper Daily Nutrition
- Method number 2: Special Physical Exercises
- Method number 3: Massage
- Method number 4: Natural Remedies
There is no a diet from stretch marks but there are recommendations on drawing up of the program of an optimum food ration.The condition of the skin (stretch marks is the defect of the skin, structural changes in the dermis) depends on the nutrition, i.e. those micronutrients that come from outside. Often, the body of most people experiences the lack of the necessary vitamins and minerals, resulting in a deterioration of the trophism of the skin. In this regard, it is necessary to pay the closest attention to the following micronutrients:
- Vitamin A: It is very important for the growth of the skin and the maintenance of the health of bones, nails and hair. It helps to restore damaged skin and to avoid dryness and flakiness. Absorbed into the skin, vitamin A stimulates it miotically and metabolically, allowing the latter to be more elastic and look more like in adolescence.
Vitamin A also stimulates the renewal of the epidermal cells, which causes it to thicken. At the same time, the collagen content in the skin increases and its elasticity improves. Include in your diet such products: liver, carrot, broccoli, lettuce leaves, wild garlic, fish fat.
- Vitamin C: One of the most important role is played by the vitamin C, which is able to heal wounds and scar tissue. It is necessary for the synthesis of collagen and acts as a so-called cementing substance for skin cells. A feature of vitamin C is its rapid oxidation on contact with air and light. Therefore, it is best to buy it in a pharmacy in a sealed bottle of brown glass or in the form of tablets. Also include in your diet: rose hips, strawberry, black currant, sea-buckthorn, honeysuckle, kiwi, oranges, lemons.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is needed to maintain normal metabolism and tissue healing. For skin care, vitamin E is the most useful as an antioxidant. It can be used orally (products) and topically (cream). To maintain a normal level of vitamin E, include in your diet: nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts); dried apricots, prunes, linseed oil, corn.
- Zinc: The most important property of zinc is the production of collagen. Collagen is a structural protein that accounts for 80% of all connective tissue. When there is a sufficient amount of collagen in the human body, it means that it is almost impossible to get stretch marks. Collagen is not available in food, but zinc can be obtained by eating: food gelatin in bags (as a source of collagen); low-fat beef / lamb, liver; oysters; cocoa powder, chocolate.
Including certain foods in your diet, you can try to get rid of stretch marks and make them less noticeable. Nobody forces you to throw out the recently purchased cream from stretch marks, but you should reconsider your ration. After all, everything that you take inside, is reflected both on the skin of the face, and on the skin of your body. Pay special attention to the following 7 foods:
- Legumes: The skin of 75 percent consists of collagen, which is responsible for its smoothness and elasticity. In order for his level to be normal, your body needs a sufficient amount of protein. Beans, peas and lentils will harmoniously fit into your diet.
- Tea: Tea contains antioxidants that keep the skin cells healthy and fight against any damage. They pull up the stretched skin and prevent it from dryness. Also, green tea slows the aging of the skin, and white tea – wrestles with wrinkles.
- Water: In order to have elastic skin, it should be sufficiently moisturized. Try to drink more. The norm is 30 ml per 1 kg of weight. This amount of water is enough to bring the right portion of mineral substances, spill over the vessels, cells, tissues, joints of your body, dissolve and wash out all the contaminants.
- Blueberries and goji berries: Add these healthy berries to your breakfast. After all, vitamins and other nutrients that are in blueberries and goji have antioxidant properties that protect your body from free radicals, which lead to stretch marks. They are also available in the form of food additives, but it is better to consume fresh berries.
- Cucumber: High content of water in cucumbers promotes elasticity of the skin and the formation of collagen. These vegetables help to get rid of toxins and maintain a healthy skin color. A flexible and healthy skin is a skin without stretch marks. Cucumbers are free to replace your one full-fledged snack.
- Egg: Cooked, baked or poached eggs are an excellent source of protein, which is so necessary for youthful skin. The protein helps the skin to be more elastic. The more elastic the skin, the less likely the appearance of stretch marks is.
- Orange: Their bright color and refreshing taste will lift you not only the mood, but also do the same with your skin. Oranges are rich in water, which helps fill the gaps between the cells, minimizing the appearance of stretch marks. In addition, vitamin C, contained in these fruits, struggles with minor skin lesions.
Important: Our skin strongly depends on what we eat. That’s why your diet should include all necessary useful vitamins.
Do you wonder how are stretch marks and exercises connected? In fact, everything is very simple – specialized exercises allow you to catch blood and oxygen in the target problem zone and improve its well-being. They are also aimed at tightening the skin. Use the following exercises to help reduce halos and visibility of stretch marks:
- Exercise from stretch marks on the abdomen: Lay flat on your back on the floor. Bend your knees, keeping your feet on the floor. Put your hands behind your head. Gently lift the upper part of the body (shoulders) and contract the muscles of the press. Try to keep the chest close to the knees (ie, two imaginary points met). Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Exercise from stretch marks on the chest: T-push-ups is an exercise that is excellent for reducing stretch marks. It combines the classic push-ups, the bar and the turn of the body. It is executed as in the figure. Number of approaches is 2, repetitions are 15 (per side).
- Exercises from stretch marks on the hips and buttocks: The following exercises will help to minimize stretches in the indicated problem areas. 1. Sit on a chair straight. Put your hands to the sides, holding the chair. Start moving your legs up and down. This will help tighten the hips. Do 3 sets of 25 repetitions. 2. Lay down on your back, lift one leg to a corner of 90 degrees until you feel the tension in the buttocks. Repeat for the other leg. Number of approaches 3, repetitions 15 (per foot). 3. Lie on your stomach. Hands slightly aside. Raise your right foot up and then down. Repeat for the left. Pull the leg as high as possible. Number of approaches 2, repetitions 10 (per foot). 4. Another great exercise is lifting one leg from the position of the bridge: Lay down on the rug on your back, bend your knees at an angle of 90 degrees. Pull the left leg up (pointing the hip to the ceiling), and the right foot and the back of the back hold the bridge. Hold at the top for 2-3 seconds and lower the thigh into the FE. Do 2 sets of 10 reps for one side, then change your leg and repeat.
- Exercises from stretch marks on the lateral surface of the legs: Lean on the right side of the body on the fitball, and put the right knee on the mat. Pull out your left leg and start making small circular motions. Make 10 circles back and as much forward. Change the leg by doing 20 repetitions (2 approaches in all). It is very important in the process of making rotational movements not to help yourself with the body.
Important: All the exercises will not take you more than 20 minutes a day. You can alternate them by engaging in one of the days with the muscles of any problem zone.
Massage is a great way to improve your health. Its principle of action is stimulation of blood circulation and outflow of lymph, influence on biologically active points and nerve endings, activation of metabolic processes in the body. The proper massage can help with a variety of pathologies. For cosmetic purposes, use both traditional wellness massage and special types aimed at this or that cosmetology problem.
Types of massage recommended for stretch marks on the skin:
- honey massage;
- therapeutic, with essential oils;
It is important to understand that massage is not a means of directly affecting stretch marks. It helps the body heal already existing defects, prevents the formation of new ones. Stimulation of collagen synthesis and normalization of blood circulation improves the skin condition in a natural way. As a result, the stretches heal well, narrow and become almost invisible.
It is not recommended to use aggressive types of massage, if stretch marks are caused by diseases of the endocrine system. With these pathologies, the skin is very weak. Any load and a new stretch appears on the skin. Massage with cans, special equipment can worsen the skin condition.
The best results are given by massage with essential oils, cosmetic products against stretch marks. This is due to the targeted effect on skin regeneration and the synthesis of collagen during the procedure. Despite the fact that the massage is a pleasant procedure, observe the precautionary measures. Essential oils, cosmetics, honey and other means for massage can cause allergic reactions.
The optimal way to fight stretch marks during pregnancy is self-massage. To do this, just spend 15-20 minutes a day. A particular attention should be drawn to the buttocks and abdomen. To perform the procedure, you can use a nourishing cream, which is rubbed into the skin with the gentle circular motions. Avoid the use of essential oils – some of them can stimulate generic activities.
Important: If a woman is pregnant, it is allowed to rub the problem areas with a coarse washcloth or a towel. These measures also stimulate blood circulation and the synthesis of collagen and elastin, which reduces the risk of stretch marks.
In addition to adjusting the nutrition and the inclusion of specialized exercises, it is also recommended to act directly on the areas with striae using various caregivers. Let’s have a look at the natural recipes you can prepare on your own:
- Scrub 1: You will need the Johnson’s baby oil; crushed coffee beans (1/2 cup); the brown sugar (if there is no sugar, as an option, you can replace it with sea salt). Take a deep bowl and mix all the ingredients, the consistency should turn out to be moderately dense. Place the resulting mass in a stocking and vigorously rub in the problem areas, where you have stretch marks. The duration of rubbing 10 minutes, then have a shower. The procedure should be performed 3 times a week. The first results can be observed after 5 procedures.
- Scrub 2: You will need: salt (preferably large marine); honey; glycerol. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 1 tsp. honey and 1 tsp. glycerin. The mixture is rubbed for 5 minutes into the striae, then rinse with warm water and mild detergent. For best effect, the procedure is carried out 2 times a day. The remains of the mixture should not be stored in the refrigerator for more than 48 hours, then make a new scrub.
- Scrub 3: It is based on the following ingredients: carrots (fresh); mandarin skin; olive oil.
Place half the carrots, 1 peel of mandarin and 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a blender. At high speeds, whisk until a consistency of puree is obtained. Apply the mixture to the wet areas of the striae (for example, in the bathroom or under the shower). Then, rinse the area with warm water, wipe and apply your favorite moisturizer. The procedure should be carried out once a day. The mixture should not be stored in the refrigerator for more than 5 days from the date of manufacture.
With the help of a scrub, the upper layer of cells peel off, which makes the surface of the skin noticeably more even in structure and color. Moreover, the removal of this cell layer starts the process of active production of elastin and collagen.
Important: With a similar mechanical effect, the skin experiences stress and mobilizes the work of biologically active substances. The deeper the scrub penetrates the skin, the faster it is restored.