As you know, any food affects human health. Therefore, you need to eat only healthy food. Here you will find ten delicious and healthy products that are able to strengthen your health. There is the list of products that must be eaten, if you want to protect yourself from diseases.
- Product number 1: Fish
- Product number 2: Onion
- Product number 3: Lemon
- Product number 4: Red meat
- Product number 5: Nuts
- Product number 6: Oatmeal
- Product number 7: Honey
- Product number 8: Cabbage
- Product number 9: Eggs
- Product number 10: Tomatoes
Fish (not only fillets, but also the liver) saturates the body with the most valuable fatty acids of linoleic and archidone (the famous omega-3 and omega-6), they are part of brain cells and are a building material for cell membranes. Also, omega-6 reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, minimizes the risk of atherosclerosis, which is beneficial for the work of the circulatory and cardiovascular system.
The high content of phosphorus in fish has the most favorable effect on:
- the work of the nervous system,
- increases efficiency,
- eliminates flabbiness.
Phosphorus is sometimes called an element of vivacity, with its lack cells of the nervous system cease to function normally and conduct nerve impulses at the desired speed.
For the endocrine system, in particular for the successful operation of the thyroid gland, iodine, which is rich in marine fish, is extremely useful. 200 g of mackerel contains a daily norm of iodine, in the form that is fully absorbed by the body.
Possessing such a “bouquet” of useful properties, fish remains a low-calorie product and is a part of the bulk of dietary menus. If you want to lose weight and at the same time get a lot of useful substances, choose low-fat varieties of fish, which include:
If you aren’t afraid of extra pounds and you like fish of more fatty varieties, your menu can be pleasantly varied with the dishes from mackerel, eel, halibut, sturgeon. In these types of fish there is up to 8% fat.
Important: There is also a third category – with average fat content, it includes pike perch, horse mackerel, pink salmon, tuna, carp, catfish, trout.
Onion bulbs contain nitrogenous substances (up to 2.5%), various sugars (10-11%) (glucose, fructose, sucrose, maltose), polysaccharide inulin, phytin, flavonoid quercetin and its glucosides, fats, various enzymes, calcium and phosphorus salts , phytoncides, citric and malic acids, vitamins A (3.75 mg%), B1 (60 mg%), B2 (50 mg%), PP (0.20 mg%), C (10.5-33 mg% ), as well as essential oil with a sharp odor that irritates the mucous membranes of the eyes and nose.
Onion has bactericidal and antiseptic properties. It fights against viruses and accumulates in itself the life-giving energy of the earth.
Onion has many health benefits:
- improves appetite,
- provides better assimilation of food,
- increases the body’s resistance to infectious diseases.
- used for gastrointestinal disorders, accompanied by insufficient motor and secretory activity of the stomach, with hypertension, atherosclerosis, general weakness and catarrhal diseases, and decreased sexual activity.
In medicine, onions are used in the fight against scurvy and as an anthelmintic. Juice of onion is also recommended for neurasthenia, insomnia and rheumatism. Fresh onion is used against influenza and with trichomoniasis, for the treatment of dermatitis, against mosquito bites, hair loss, for the removal of calluses and warts. Baked onions are applied to boils, and freshly cut onions to temples from headaches.
Important: Fresh onion juice mixed with honey is a good remedy for the treatment of eyes, bronchitis, cough and fungal skin disease.
Lemon contains antioxidants called bioflavonoids. Researchers believe that these bioflavonoids give the lemon a huge amount of useful properties. The use of lemon is a must due to the presence of alkaline elements, mineral and nitrogenous substances, organic acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, P, C, copper, potassium salts, phytoncides. For the treatment one can use lemon flesh, juice, peel, bones and even essential oil, which is obtained from its peel.
Major health benefits of lemon:
- This citrus fruit excellently alkalizes, helping to restore the pH balance of the body.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids: these beneficial substances help us to fight various kinds of infections, such as flu and colds.
- Lemon is an excellent stimulant for liver function. It dissolves uric acid and other poisons, and also dilutes bile. Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a powerful liver detoxifier.
- It cleanses the intestines: lemons intensify peristalsis in the intestine, helping to create intestinal motion, thus eliminating waste and helping to have a regular stool. Add the juice of one lemon in warm water and drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals that cause early aging of the body and cancer.
- Brain diseases: lemon peel contains a powerful phytonutrient, which helps improve the condition in people with brain diseases, for example, Parkinson’s disease.
- Lemon helps to reduce the fatness of the head, treat dandruff on the head, strengthens the hair, brightens, makes them thick and silky, and prevents their loss.
Important: Lemons contain 22 anticancer compounds: including naturally occurring limonene, a compound found in many types of essential oils that slows or stops the growth of cancer tumors in animals; and flavone glycosides, which stop cell division in cancer cells.
Red meat is a source of high quality protein. In 100g of raw meat there is 20-24g of protein and 27-35g in cooked meat. This protein contains all 8 essential amino acids necessary for the formation of important structural components of muscles, hair, skin, blood and other organs. Beef and liver are considered the richest sources of protein. In addition, animal proteins generally have more biological value than vegetable proteins. Red meat contains:
- Heme iron: Being one of the richest sources of iron, red meat contains this substance in the form called “heme”. The body absorbs up to 30% of heme iron, compared to 3% non-heme iron, which is found in foods such as beans and lentils. Iron is necessary for the body to carry oxygen from the lungs to other organs. Because of the frequent occurrence of iron deficiency anemia, it is recommended that women consume red meat as part of a healthy balanced diet.
- Vitamins and minerals: Having in its composition almost the entire vitamin-mineral complex, red meat contains vitamins B12 and B6, as well as zinc in such a large amount that is absent in white meat or other natural sources of food. Beef, lamb and pork are rich sources of vitamin B12, niacin (B3), phosphorus and zinc, which improve digestion and the immune system, promote bone growth, and restore and release energy. Vitamin B12 is especially important, because it participates in the work of every cell in the body. It is found only in products of animal origin, such as red meat, fish and eggs. Deficiency of vitamin B12 is associated with the development of Alzheimer’s disease and impaired brain function.
- Antioxidants: Alpha-lipoic acid is one of the most powerful antioxidants. It neutralizes the effect of free radicals, protects genetic material and helps regulate blood sugar levels in diabetics. It is also found that it protects against cancer, heart disease and liver.
- Fat: With a ratio of 1: 1 saturated and monounsaturated fats, red meat is a balanced source of useful omega-3 fatty acids that the body cannot synthesize on its own.
Important: Monounsaturated fats contained in red meat are rich in the same oleic acid as olive oil, which is one of the main components of the Mediterranean diet, so often recommended by doctors to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Some useful properties of nuts may seem implausible. For example, it is believed that nuts contain a large amount of fat, because of what they are considered to be high-calorie foods. Meanwhile, nutritionists have proved – with the right use of nuts, they even help to lose weight. Polyunsaturated fatty acids present in them as well as protein and other nutrients make nuts a “slow burning” product. In other words, one of the useful properties of nuts is that even a small amount of them helps to satisfy the hunger for a long time, supplying the body with “clean” energy.
- vitamin E,
- plant sterols (substances that lower the level of harmful cholesterol).
- And also – potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc.
Important: In addition, nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which makes them an extremely useful product in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Useful properties of oatmeal for the human body have been proven for a long time:
- First of all, it is the best source of fiber and complex carbohydrates,
- Secondly, it contains all the most important components for health (magnesium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, iodine, zinc and whole a bouquet of vitamins),
- Thirdly, oats – an excellent antioxidant. No wonder oatmeal porridge enters the daily diet of many Hollywood stars, because the guarantee of beauty is a healthy stomach. Oatmeal not only normalizes the work of the intestine, but also envelops the stomach with a film that facilitates digestion and cleans the whole system of the gastrointestinal tract from slags. Doctors prescribe oatmeal to those who often complain about bloating, pain and discomfort in the stomach, as well as gastritis and peptic ulcer.
The use of oatmeal and its beneficial effects on the formation and development of bones and muscle tissue (which is why pediatricians so desperately recommend it to all children), in maintaining the functioning of the circulatory system, in improving the metabolic processes of the body.
Few people know that oatmeal is rich in useful substance biotin, which effectively fights against dermatitis and other skin irritations, bringing it back to normal, especially in the winter.
Important: In spite of its caloric content (for 100 grams of oatmeal is 345 kcal), it is actively recommended to those who are trying to lose excess pounds, and it is also believed that it is a natural antidepressant, lifting mood and eliminating stress.
Honey is one of the most useful products. This is a powerful tool for the prevention and treatment of many diseases. In ancient times, honey was so valuable that it was used as a payment instead of gold. Honey has remarkable taste qualities and is the only natural sweetener that does not require purification and treatment. Honey has medicinal, antibacterial, dietary, tonic, anti-inflammatory properties.
Useful properties of honey are very diverse and are due, above all, to its unique complex composition. Honey contains a lot of sucrose (glucose, fructose and others), is rich in vitamins C, E, PP, group B. Honey consists of apple, grape, citric acid, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, zinc , chrome, boron, silicon, titanium, nickel, osmium and other useful substances.
Useful properties of honey:
Useful and medicinal properties of honey are very diverse:
- Honey helps to normalize the work of almost all internal organs of a person,
- It is an excellent preventive and curative remedy for many diseases.
- Honey is a fortifying agent, it gives energy to the body, restores strength.
- Honey increases immunity, it helps to cope with colds very well.
- Regulates metabolic processes in the body.
- Honey is a powerful antibiotic that helps to cope with many pathogens.
- Honey improves blood composition.
- It is useful in diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- It is used for the treatment of burns, skin diseases, fungal infections. Promotes rapid healing of wounds.
- Honey helps to cope with liver and kidney diseases.
- Helps normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Used in the treatment of gynecological diseases.
- Honey helps to cope with insomnia.
Important: It was proved that honey is able to protect the human body from premature aging.
Cabbage has a high content of vitamin P, the amount of which in it exceeds its content in all other vegetables, with the exception of parsley and spinach. It also contains carotene, vitamins B, E, K, and even vitamin U, which helps to cure peptic ulcer of the stomach and intestines and has a protective and preventive action against radiation damage. Accumulation of a significant amount of vitamin U in cabbage is promoted by sunny weather and average temperatures.
The mineral composition of cabbage is very diverse. Of particular value there are the following elements:
Thanks to the large amount of potassium, cabbage helps to remove fluid from the body and helps the heart. Calcium is needed for the formation of bone tissue, iron is required to maintain normal blood composition, manganese for metabolism. There are other valuable chemical compounds, many of which are destructive to intestinal bacteria and other pathogens. The presence of a large amount of fiber favorably affects the gastrointestinal tract and promotes the excretion of cholesterol from the body, which is especially important in the prevention of atherosclerosis.
Important: 200 g of the product will be enough to satisfy the daily requirement of a person in ascorbic.
Chicken eggs are one of the simplest, affordable and popular products on our tables. But not everyone knows that this product is unique in its composition, has a huge number of useful properties and is able to prevent a variety of diseases. Therefore, chicken eggs are a desirable product in the diet of people who lead a healthy lifestyle. The structure of chicken eggs includes 12 basic vitamins: A, D, E, H, K, group B (B1, B2, B3, B4, B9) and others.
According to the content of vitamin D, the yolk of the egg is second only to fish oil. Chicken eggs contain such macro- and microelements as calcium, phosphorus, iodine, iron, copper, cobalt, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, boron, manganese and other minerals. Eggs are rich in the necessary human body amino acids.
- Eggs provide the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals, contribute to strengthening the immune system.
- The use of chicken eggs helps to prevent diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Chicken eggs reduce the risk of oncological diseases, in particular breast cancer.
- Positively affect the gastrointestinal tract, help to cope with peptic ulcer.
- Chicken eggs favorably affect vision, protect against cataracts.
- They contribute to the strengthening of bone tissue, as vitamin D, contained in eggs, helps in the assimilation of calcium, which in turn is very necessary for the body to form a strong skeleton.
- Also, eggs are useful for muscles, as they contain a protein that is involved in building muscle tissue and is more effective than protein of dairy products and beef.
- Chicken eggs positively affect the work of the brain, improve memory and mental abilities.
Important: Eggs help to raise mood and have a positive effect on the nervous system as well.
It is known that tomatoes have a high content of antioxidants, including the highest concentration of lycopene among products. Recently, an important link between lycopene and bone health has been discovered. It was found that in postmenopausal women in undoped lycopene, unwanted changes in bone tissue began. Scientists came to the conclusion that the removal of lycopene-containing foods from the diet leads to an increased risk of osteoporosis.
The anticancer properties of tomatoes are confirmed by many studies, although for some types of cancer. They combine two essential properties:
- a powerful antioxidant
- and strong anti-inflammatory,
Many types of cancer begin with chronic oxidative stress and chronic inflammatory disease, and tomatoes allow these processes not to be tolerated. The benefits of tomatoes are not limited to the above mentioned. Being a pantry of useful nutrients, tomatoes are needed for many diagnoses. For example, with metabolic syndrome and obesity, to reduce the risk of certain neurological diseases (including Alzheimer’s). In addition,
Important: If you want to lose 2-3 extra pounds, be sure to include low-calorie, lipid-burning tomatoes in the daily menu.