The need for exercise is clear to everybody. But not each woman does them during pregnancy. Many factors influence this: large employment at work, a small child at home, a lack of time due to a large number of family duties or just laziness, which often plays a major role. But thinking about these reasons, it is necessary to understand the main thing – gymnastics for pregnant women will help to bear the child and give birth without problems. This is usually a good incentive, since the health of the child for the mother is the most important thing.
Here you will find the best safe exercises that have been designed especially for pregnant women. Follow the instructions and you will be able to improve your health and the health of your child. The benefits of physical exercises are great, but before you start doing them it is advisable to visit a doctor. If there are contraindications, then it’s better to postpone them for a while. Gymnastics for pregnant women at home is undesirable in the presence of a threat of abortion, hypertension of the uterus, hormonal problems (insufficiency of the corpus luteum), bleeding in the anamnesis.
- 4 Rules You Should Follow Before Doing Exercises during Pregnancy
- I Trimester
- II Trimester
- III Trimester
- Top-4 Benefits You will Get if Do Exercises Regularly
Rule number 1. Move more
Due to movement, the blood supply of all organs, including pelvic organs, improves, which is an excellent prevention of mild labor. The elasticity of the tissues improves, which in the future prevents injuries and ruptures of the birth canal. And the movement helps for a long time to keep a good mood, get rid of anxious thoughts and depression, improve sleep.
Rule number 2. Avoid sudden movements
Future mothers at all stages of pregnancy should avoid exercises to strengthen the press, jumps and use of power simulators. You need to move smoothly and gradually increase the load. Lie down, get up in stages and very carefully.
Rule number 3. Watch your pulse
If your heart rate increases, you must immediately stop and do not forget to tell the doctor about this. The same applies to drawing and aching pains in the abdomen.
Rule number 4. Follow the time recommendations
Exercises should be done either 2 hours before meals, or 2 hours after eating. It is advisable to do the exercises at the same time. Enough to devote yourself from 30 minutes to an hour every day. Do gymnastics in a well-ventilated room and on the rug, and not on a slippery floor.
Usually during the first trimester, a woman only realizes that she has become pregnant. The belly has not yet grown, and no one is kicking inside. And if there is no toxicosis, then pregnancy reminds only the absence of menstruation. Therefore, a woman rarely radically changes her way of life. But it’s better not to forget about gymnastics in the first trimester.
Gymnastics for pregnant women in the first trimester usually includes breathing exercises and several light warm-up movements. Too active movements are not recommended, since the risk of interruption in the first twelve weeks is very high. In the presence of gestosis, physical activity helps to overcome its symptoms and many other troubles that arise from hormonal changes in the body.
- Exercise 1. You will need a chair with a backrest: Leaning your hands on the back of the chair, do not do very deep sit-ups with legs apart. It is recommended to alternate this exercise with a lift on the toes.
- Exercise 2. Strengthen the muscles of the breast and improve its shape: It’s no secret that in the period of childbearing and after childbirth, in many women, the breast loses its shape. This is unlikely to happen if you perform this simple exercise. Keep your hands at the chest level, close your hands. Try to close the palms as much as possible, during the performance it is perfectly felt how the pectoral muscles work.
- Exercise 3. Exercise for oblique abdominal muscles: Leaning on the back of the chair, cross the leg crosswise, then sideways and back. This serves to prevent stretch marks and good preparation for childbirth.
- Exercise 4. Rotation of the pelvis: It’s very simple – carry out circular movements of the pelvis one way and the other. The legs are shoulder width apart and slightly bent at the knees.
- Exercise 5. Rotation of the foot: This exercise can be performed in any quantity, at any time and almost anywhere. Perform a circular rotation of the foot. Rise on the socks, you can even sit. This helps to avoid varicose veins and cramps. This exercise is especially recommended for women who spend a lot of time in a sitting position.
Important: If there are signs of poor health, exercise should be stopped and a few breathing exercises are recommended to be done. Overwork and exercise through force are unacceptable.
The second trimester is more calm in terms of hormonal changes. The uterus increases in size, so the tummy is already giving out to everyone around its secret. During this period gymnastics for pregnant women is recommended as it allows to prevent various troubles. As the fetus grows, the load on the cardiovascular system increases, and the posture gradually changes. Exercises make these changes not so noticeable, which leads to an improvement in the general condition of the pregnant woman.
- Exercise 1: Lift your arms up and gently stretch your whole body behind them. At this time, you can move the body slightly to the left, then to the right. All movements are made smoothly and slowly. Repeat 3 times and make a short break.
- Exercise 2: Sit on a hard surface, it must be firm. Cross your legs in front of yourself. This position is called “Turkish”. The back should be flat, the spine straight. Make smooth turns with your head, add corners to them. Hands at this time should work too – arrange them in the parties and make rotational movements, beginning from a brush and ending with shoulders. Repetition – 10 times, then rest for 30-60 seconds. Visualize how your skin stretches, becomes elastic and elastic. After the preparatory exercises, go to the basic exercises for different muscle groups. The following exercises are designed to strengthen the muscles of the chest, so as to retain its shape a little.
- Exercise 3: In the sitting position, open palms rest in each other. The elbows should be at the level of the pectoral muscles. Alternately, press one hand against the other. The movement resembles a procedure for squeezing juice from citrus. Do 10 times. You can make several approaches.
- Exercise 4: For sure, you have seen the “Mermaid” cartoon many times, and to perform the next exercise you will have a little time to stay in its role. Sit on the hip, bend your legs slightly forward. Put your hand along the body and lean on it. The second hand is pulled up, slightly withdrawn to the side and does not drop sharply down. Then change the side to the opposite, and repeat the movements – 10 times for each hand.
- Exercise 5: Do not forget about the oblique muscles of the abdomen – for them, too, there is an occupation. Lay down on your side. Put your arms outstretched and put them on top of each other. Turning slowly body, take the upper arm as much as 180 degrees. Return to the starting position. It is required to repeat 10 times for each side.
- Exercise 6: The physical tasks for training the muscles of the perineum are of great importance. Fitball will help. Sit on the big rubber ball, placing the hips in the sides as far as possible. Hold up for a few seconds until a slight tension is felt, and bring them together. The pelvis and the perineum when backing the hips should be completely relaxed, when they return to their original position – they are clamped. This improves the flow of blood to the pelvic organs.
- Exercise 7: Pay attention to the back. Stand on all fours, legs apart and arms wide apart. This position is called a “cat”. Bend your back, exhale – as much as possible. The head should almost touch the floor. It is carried out 10-15 times, it is possible in several approaches.
- Exercise 8: The exercise for the feet is also very important in the second trimeter, when the legs begin to get tired more and more from a long walk. Sit on the fitball. Raise the legs to the width of the pelvis. Before you spread the tape or scarf from a thin material. With your toes, go through the fabric, trying to get from one end to the other. Do 3-6 times alternately for each leg.
- Exercise 9: Do not forget about breathing! In the process of giving birth, breathing exercises will do you a great service. With their help you can reduce pain and relax. Sit flat, the back should be straight. Place your right hand on your stomach, the other on your chest. Take deep breaths and breathe out your nose. On inhalation, the chest should be immovable, and the stomach should rise. Then change the tactics – let the chest rises, and the abdominal cavity does not move.
- Exercise 10: After each exercise, perform an easy relaxing exercise. Sit on the floor, legs bend under him so that they are located on the buttocks. Slightly move the knees apart so as not to press on the tummy – so it will be placed between them. Slowly bend forward, try to reach the forehead to the floor. Repeat 3 to 5 times. These movements will relieve tension from the spine and relax all muscle groups.
Important: The interval of time from the fourth to the sixth month is the safest and most favorable for sports activities. The organism has already got used to a new status, there is no a constant nausea and definitely more strength, which says that the hormonal background was stabilized.
The third trimester is considered to be the most difficult, and this opinion has arisen for a reason. Usually up to 30 weeks a woman feels cheerful, but after this period everything changes in the opposite direction. There is sluggishness, heaviness in the legs, back pain, heartburn, constipation, swelling and varicose veins. But if you pay attention to your health, then gymnastics for pregnant women can do wonders. Simple movements and elementary slopes stimulate blood flow, restore peristalsis of the intestine, relieve swelling and kidney problems. Exercises will help to control the weight of a woman, which is also an important factor.
- Exercise 1: Using your hands on the fitball (it is possible and on the back of the chair), squat slowly . Take care that you have a straight back, and do not tear off the heels from the floor. Some squat and just like that, spreading their legs wide. Sit on the ball so that your legs are spread out across the width of the pelvis. In this exercise, you will need to circle the pelvis. Hands can be crossed on the chest, keep in front of them or rest against them in the ball, if you can not keep the balance.
- Exercise 2: Sitting on the fitball, gently swing alternately in the right side and in the left, but refrain from full slopes. To strengthen the pectoral muscles, rhythmically compress the ball with your hands. This exercise can be performed sitting on the floor or standing.
- Exercise 3: Sit on the fitball and alternately bend your arms, holding them in a non-heavy dumbbell. You can lie on the ball, legs apart on the width of the shoulders. Rolling so in different directions, you can strengthen the muscles of the legs. Also on fitball recommend making turns.
- Exercise 4: Sit on the ball and turn to the right, winding your left leg behind your right leg. Similarly – and in the other direction. Thus, you stretch and train your back muscles (you can do without the ball).
- Exercise 5: Stand on your feet, spread them to the width of your shoulders, bend so that you can roll your fitball with your hands, without straining your shoulder joints. For the prevention of varicose veins, the exercises are recommended, lying on the back (remember about the insecurity of this posture in the third trimester).
- Exercise 6: You will need to put each leg on the ball, and then roll it back and forth or do circular motions.
- Exercise 7: Another interesting and useful exercise that contributes to the prevention of flat feet: sitting on the fitball and spreading your legs to the width of your shoulders, hold it behind you, and then guide the lower leg with your left foot. Repeat the same and vice versa.
Important: The exercises with the ball will help you keep the gluteal muscles, as well as the muscles of the arms, legs, back and chest (all exercises are recommended to do 10-15 times).
Proceeding from the above, all pregnant women should do exercises, irrespective of their way of life. Regular exercising affects many points:
- Improves blood circulation in internal organs. Pregnancy affects the metabolism and life processes. Gymnastics allows you to quickly adapt to the changes that have occurred.
- Adequate uterine-placental blood flow creates good conditions for the development of the child.
- Preparation of a woman for the childbirth. During the exercises, the muscles of the pelvis, abdomen and back are trained, which improves the process of delivery and is the prevention of various complications (weakness of labor, placenta attachment, bleeding after childbirth). A breathing exercises for pregnant women will teach a woman the right behavior and breathing during the birth of a child.
- Reduces the likelihood of health problems during pregnancy. Back pain is less common, varicose veins are not common, and constipation and heartburn go into the background. Especially good is gymnastics for pregnant women on the ball, as it allows to develop coordination and a sense of balance.