According to the calculations of biology scientists, a person can live in good health up to 100 and even up to 120 years. However, such a life expectancy is a great rarity. People shorten their lives with harmful habits that lead to premature aging of the body. Let’s discuss which bad habits have a negative impact on health in order for you to be able to prevent their dangerous consequences.
- Bad Habit number 1: Malnutrition
- Bad Habit number 2: The Lack of Sleep
- Bad Habit number 3: Smoking
- Bad Habit number 4: Alcohol Consumption
There is a direct connection between the health and nutrition as poor nutrition affects the mood, performance and appearance. Often, many of us snack on the go, starving for many hours and then eating late at night. About 70% of all diseases are associated with the products that we eat. Half of the people on our planet are overweight. Many people are not yet aware of the role and importance of the food they consume.
In a civilized society, over the past few years, interest in healthy nutrition has increased. One of the reasons for this interest in food is that people get sick because of malnutrition; have diseases related to the products they use, their quantity and quality. There are a number of diseases directly related to nutrition: obesity, diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, heart disease, cancer.
- Obesity: It occurs when the body weight exceeds the norm by more than 15% and is characterized by a violation of fat metabolism.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease, which is based on a violation of carbohydrate metabolism, the main place in which belongs to sugars. Sugar itself can not enter the cells of the body. In this he helps a complex chemical substance – insulin, which is produced by a small pancreas. The disease occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin to digest the sugars. Therefore, all the nutrients that enter the body, turn into sugar. There are two types of diabetes mellitus: insulin-dependent and insulin-non-dependent. It is the insulin-dependent form of diabetes that affects children aged 13-19 years and is characterized by the fact that the pancreas stops the production of insulin. Another form of diabetes affects adults and is characterized by a decrease in pancreatic activity in insulin production. Therefore, this form of diabetes is treated with hypoglycemic medications in the form of tablets.
- Hypertension: It is high blood pressure. Everyone has a certain pressure of blood in the vessels. Narrowing or squeezing of the arteries leads to an increase in blood pressure. In general, it can fluctuate during the day. For example, to rise, when a person worries, is nervous or is associated with various heavy physical exertion. Blood pressure decreases during sleep, in a state of relaxation, rest. Hypertensive illness occurs when high blood pressure does not decrease even in sleep and during rest period and there are sharp jumps up blood pressure, which are called hypertensive crises, which are severe in a sick person.
- Angina pectoris: It is a disease of the heart that arises when the arteries that supply blood to the heart are slagged with fatty substances and the flow of blood to the heart chambers slows down as a result. When there is a blockage (in whole or in part) of one of the vessels, the blood supply to this area of the heart is temporarily disrupted and the heart muscle is damaged. This is a heart attack or angina. Reducing the intake of fat by regulating the diet, you can get rid of the risk of this disease.
- Atherosclerosis: It is another vascular disease associated with diet. It accompanies the two diseases described above or can proceed without them. By way of example, high blood pressure contributes to the fact that some of the circulating fatty formations (lipids) enter the walls of the arteries at high speed. These atherosclerotic plaques accumulate on the walls of the vessels. Animal fats lead to the formation of these plaques, so it is so important to know what foods are harmful to the body.
- Cancer: It is a serious disease that occurs when the formation of normal cells stops and, in return, malignant growth of defective, atypical cells occurs. There are many forms of this disease. Studies of recent decades have shown that there is a greater interconnection than previously thought between disease and nutrition. An increased amount of fats and a reduced volume of plant fiber in food can contribute to an increase in cancer cases. Especially the large intestine.
There are 5 common nutrition mistakes almost everyone makes. Learn more about them:
- Mistake 1: The lack of vitamin B: Vitamin B12 is essential for an optimal level of energy and will help you prevent aging. In addition to supplements, vitamin B12 is found only in meat products, and therefore must be consumed daily by vegetarians (B12 in liquid form is much better absorbed than in any other forms). In addition to maintaining the energy level, vitamin B12 supports brain health, metabolism, and nervous system functions. Adding vitamin B12 to the diet or eating meat products restores the energy level and helps maintain the body’s natural processes.
- Mistake 2: Not enough manganese and copper: When it comes to additives, manganese and copper are even rarely mentioned. In addition to preventing pain in the joints, these two important nutrients are also responsible for maintaining articular cartilage and flexibility.
- Mistake 3: The lack of healthy fats: Omega-3 fats are vital to a healthy brain. Being the building blocks of your brain, the lack of omega-3 leads to a decrease in memory and brain functions.
- Mistake 4: Preference for packaged products instead of organo-food: Ready-made snacks, besides a set of all kinds of toxic additives, also do not contain enough potassium. This leads to high blood pressure, and subsequent health problems. Prepare food yourself, and give preference to quality organic products. Follow these recommendations and you will be surprised to see how important this food plays in achieving your goal of preventing aging.
Important: Snacks and fast food (chips, crackers, pizza, hamburgers) can cause problems such as aggression, hyperactivity, obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
In order to have enough sleep, most healthy people need at least 7 and a half hours, and only a small percentage is enough less. In addition, those who engage in sports need extra rest. The constant lack of sleep causes a chronic lack of sleep, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in working capacity, causes excessive irritability, negatively affects the state of health, metabolism and immunity.
In the case of lack of sleep, a person constantly feels a breakdown and fatigue – many take this state for hunger, believing that they just have enough to eat. For this reason, those who sleep a little tend to consume more calories than necessary. It is obvious that sleep is especially important for those who are on a diet – they have already reduced the amount of energy consumed, which unambiguously influenced the appearance of extra fatigue, and the lack of sleep will only intensify the decline of forces and cause additional hunger.
Deficiency of sleep and depression are so closely related to each other that it is difficult to say what is the root cause of this. A person who suffers from depression can not sleep properly, but someone who is constantly sleeping a little, provokes the development of depression. Unfortunately, this factor is exacerbated by the fact that chronic lack of sleep can lead to aggravation of other diseases, and not every doctor will be able to determine that the deterioration of health is primarily due to the fact that a person does not sleep enough.
What happens when we are not sleeping enough? There are the following risks:
- Getting sick. Our immune system is directly related to sleep. If you do not sleep, it is more difficult for the body to cope with diseases. It is difficult for us to think, reason logically and quickly, and this is dangerous if an immediate solution is required – for example, driving a car.
- Gaining weight if to sleep less than 5 hours a day.
- Having skin problems: wrinkles appear, capillaries, age spots and acne appear. The body as a whole ages faster.
- Having an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- The chances of cancer are increasing.
- Suffering from low libido. If to sleep less than 5 hours a day, then the level of testosterone in the blood decreases, and the level of sex hormones is reduced by 15%.
We easily forget everything. When we sleep, the brain “sorts” the information. If we do not sleep enough, it does not have time to put everything in order.
Important: American scientists have conducted an experiment – the test group of people decreased sleep for several hours – they slept from 2 pm to 6 am. As a result, they looked much older, the skin became wrinkled, the pores widened, dark circles appeared under the eyes, reddening appeared.
Smoking is one of the main causes of the development of many lethal diseases. According to WHO statistics, about 6 million people worldwide die of it every year. The danger of smoking can not be overemphasized. When entering the body of tobacco smoke, the nerve impulses that are responsible for the condition of most organs and systems are disturbed. The consequence of smoking is the formation of multiple pathologies.
When smoking cigarettes, more than 4,000 hazardous chemicals are released. They do harm to the body. Together with the smoke from the cigarette you breathe in:
- resin – a mixture of solid particles. Most of them are carcinogens and settle in the lungs;
- arsenic – the most harmful chemical element in cigarettes. It has a negative effect on the cardiovascular system, provokes the development of cancer tumors;
- Benzene – a toxic chemical compound of organic origin. It causes leukemia and other forms of cancer;
- polonium – a radioactive element. Has a radiative effect on the body from the inside;
- Formaldehyde is a toxic chemical. Causes diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract;
- other substances – inhalable with tobacco smoke harmful compounds through the circulatory system pass through the entire human body, causing serious damage to internal organs.
The main harm from smoking in the body is the respiratory system, as tobacco smoke penetrates there first. Harmful substances affect the tissues of the respiratory tract, slow down the work of the cilia of the trachea. Resins settle on the alveoli of the lungs, which leads to a reduction in the area for gas exchange. Nitric oxide narrows the bronchi, significantly hindering breathing. Carbon monoxide, ammonia and hydrogen cyanide make it difficult to remove toxins from the respiratory tract. As a result, all inhaled substances and microorganisms settle in the tissues of the lungs, from which they are absorbed into the blood and carried throughout the body, provoking a wide list of diseases
Important:The consequences of the harmful effects of smoking on the body are extensive. In addition to the above pathologies, smokers risk getting type II diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, hearing impairment and other ailments.
Until now, there is no generally accepted definition of alcoholism. In everyday life, the term “alcoholism” means excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages and is synonymous with the concept of drunkenness. According to WHO, “alcoholism is any form of alcohol consumption that exceeds the traditional, accepted in society” food “norm or goes beyond the social habits of this society.”
By definition, adopted in medicine, “alcoholism is a disease determined by the pathological attraction to alcoholic beverages (there is a mental and physical dependence), the development of withdrawal symptoms when alcohol is stopped, and in far-reaching cases, a violation of internal organs, nervous system and mental degradation “. More often use the term “chronic alcoholism” (“alcoholic illness”). It can be said that alcoholism is a set of pathological changes that occur in the body under the influence of prolonged unlimited use of alcohol.
Alcohol consumption leads to the defeat of organs such as:
- the liver (5 th among other causes of death),
- the central nervous system (CNS) (alcoholic encephalopathy, alcoholic psychosis, polyneuritis, etc.);
- the risk of acute myocardial infarction,
- acute disturbance of cerebral circulation increases,
- the tuberculosis of the lungs, lung cancer, chronic bronchitis progress against the background of alcohol abuse;
- alcoholism of parents leads to the birth of unhealthy offspring with congenital defects and diseases, an increase in infant mortality, and so on.
The influence of alcohol on the central nervous system is determined primarily by the fact that when it is used in its cells, it gets in the first place. It is caused by the property of alcohol to dissolve fat, the content of which in the nerve cell membrane is higher than in any other, and exceeds 60%. Penetrating the inside of the neuron, alcohol is delayed here, because its cytoplasm contains a lot of water. Actually, in the described features of the effect of alcohol on the CPF, and is its appeal to humans: after consumption, it quickly causes the excitation of the nervous system, and a person has a sense of ease and fun.
However, as the concentration of alcohol in the nerve cell increases and, accordingly, the excitation, it gradually turns into the so-called supramarginal inhibition. It is very important that, first of all, those parts of the brain that control behavior, human relationships with other people, criticality in relation to one’s own behavior fall into the pego. As a result of turning off these centers in a state of intoxication, a person becomes talkative, aggressive, and to himself he seems extremely intelligent and witty, strong and bold. It is therefore no accident that many crimes and dangerous actions that threaten the life and health of both this person and the people around him are committed in a state of intoxication.
Important: The death rate for this group of people is two or three times higher. The life span of a person suffering from alcoholism is 6-18 years shorter than that of a person who doesn’t drink alcohol at all or does this rarely.